StL 2019 Game 27 thread: Sun 4/28 vs. Reds

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 27 thread: Sun 4/28 vs. Reds

This topic contains 72 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Avatar 14NyquisT 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Sun 1:15 p.m. RHP Jack Flaherty (2-1, 5.25) vs. RHP Sonny Gray (0-3, 3.28) Fox Sports Midwest // MLBN // KMOX //WIJR

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Need to win this one. Next week will be tough with six games at Washington and Wrigley. If we go 3-3 next week that will be fine with me.

r/Rat

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Formula to win 95 games = Win two of every three at home and go .500 on the road.

Current progress:
    Home 11-4
    Road 5-6
    Pace 100 wins

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

My deepest apology for my recent absentia from the game thread PBP saddle! I should be riding high in it today, but am unsure what time we’ll be arriving, as I have some boring noon luncheon to attend. Trust me when I say that I will be doing everything in my power to make an early escape. I’m calling this one 11-4 Birds with DeJong whacking a ringing double and a soaring round tripper to left. No way Cincy wins this game under these circumstances…….not in a million years!

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1. Kolten Wong (L) 2B
    2. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    3. Paul DeJong (R) SS
    4. Marcell Ozuna (R) LF
    5. Jose Martinez (R) RF
    6. Yadier Molina (R) C
    7. Dexter Fowler (S) CF
    8. Jedd Gyorko (R) 3B
    9. Jack Flaherty (R) P

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Home plate umpiring (balls & strikes) has been very bad this year. Quite a few strikes that were called balls. And some balls that were called strikes. That is if you can believe that stupid rectangular zone thing that shows up on the TV all the time. I wish they would get rid of that thing.

r/Rat

p.s. Pugs, some chicken thighs in the air fryer, boiled potato, some cinnamon pie crust cookies, and a jelly donut for lunch. Then a cigar. Consumption should begin around 1st pitch.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

My bad, looks like its a four game series with the Nationals. So, if we end up 4-3 or even 3-4 next week that would be acceptable as far as I am concerned.

Looks like Milwaukee is about to snap out of it.

r/Rat

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Washington is on the verge of being swept by San Diego. Maybe we can catch them at a bad time for them.

And I see Robinson Cano just got hit on the hand again but a pitch. And once again it was called a strike as he tried to get out of the way. That’s twice in a week for him.

r/Rat

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The Cards lead 2-0 heading into the fifth.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

JMart and Yadi with RBI’s as the Cards take a 2-0 lead. It would be nice to get another 2-3 innings out of Flaherty to help rest the pen. The Cards do not have another off day until May 13.

Euro Dandy
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Bottom of the 4th and top of the 5th was a rough stretch for Gyorko. Luckily, the DP erased the error (which was actually given to DeJong according to the announcers). Cards still lead 2-0.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Little tighter ballgame than anticipated…..lets blow this thing open!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

JMart is a free swinging maniac! Two out ringing double to left sets the table for Yadi…..you doesn’t cut the mustard with his slow roller to short to extinguish the Cardinal threat.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Only 89 heaves thru 7 for Flaherty in a 2-0 St. Louis ballgame.

Euro Dandy
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Flaherty now with 7 shutout innings on 89 pitches.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice work by Jack so far today…he is doing the bullpen a favor by working deeper into the game. Now we just need some more offense.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

O’Neill looked really, really bad in that pinch hit at bat. Still 2-0 heading to the 8th.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Peralta center stage in relief for Cincy here in the bottom half of inning #7…let’s stay with the action for a spell shall we?

Fowler – Taps a slow roller Iglesias’ way at short…he charges in and gloves it and then wings it on over to Votto at 1st for the out.

Gyorko – Jed strikes out swinging for the downs on a nasty Peralta change.

O’Neill (PHing for Flaherty) – I thought Jack had another inning in him…oh well. O’Neill Whiffs hacking to retire the side in order.

Cards 2
    Reds 0

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It’s the trustworthy John Brebbia on in relief fof the Good Guys in the 8th. Fowler will give way to Bader in center, but Dexter isn’t going very far, as he takes up new defensive residence right next door in right field.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Brebbia gets a K and then a bloop single, so Andrew Miller is coming in to face Votto. Hope we get good Miller today.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

With one on and one out it looks like it’s Miller Time, as Brebbia jogs off the field of play. Line em up Reds! Andrew Miller is prepared to gobble you guys up!

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Miller with the LOOGY action, getting Votto to fly out. Now comes Hicks. All these one out pitchers seems to be wasting the long start by Flaherty.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well I wasn’t too far off with my 11-4 prediction…..only 13 runs shy on total runs scored….. let’s hope it stays that way….snd to help make that happen, Jordan Hicks has just been summoned from the pen as Miller accomplishes what he’s paid to do by quickly dispatching Joey Votto.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Be very very careful of Mr. Suarez right here!

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hicks Ks Suarez with a nasty slider. A couple of insurance runs would make me feel better.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years