StL 2019 Game 147 thread: Fri 9/13 vs. Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 147 thread: Fri 9/13 vs. Brewers

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Pugs,

I ate six (6) of them there catfish fiddlers so something tells me the Cards will score six runs tonight. I’m calling this one 6-3 Cardinals.

I hope I don’t get catfished on this prognostication.

r/Esteemed Rat

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Hey Pugs I made Self- rising crust, supreme pizza tonight. Grocery store cardboard pizza. Not bad but not as good as the real thing. Looking forward to the next 2 wks. Team really rolled last night
    Previous 2 nights were a little ugly but close. I’d much rather be where we are versus our contenders. If you don’t think you can win then you really have no chance to at all
    Its not so stressful, you just take ’em one game at a time. Go Cardinals!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Like mommy always said…”a catfish fiddler a day keeps the doctor at bay”. In Rat’s case, he downed 6 of them. You’ll live to 100, Rat!

Waino yields a cheap pop fly single (Grisham)to left to open things up…a play where Marcell did not get a decent jump on the ball. Then Grandal walks and just like that the Birds find themselves looking down the barrel ….sweet!…Moose pops out to Edman in foul territory at 3rd…we needed that. Then Cain pops a foul ball down the right field line that Goldy chases down with the efficiency of a gazelle…2 outs as Grisham advanced to 3rd. Thames strikes out! No harm inflicted as the Birds prepare to get their whacks in vs Doogie Houser.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Any catfish fiddlers or anchovies on that supreme pizza, Wooster?

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Somebody talked me into trying fish on my pizza once. Never again. I will eat a bucket of shrimp though anyway you cook em. Like my fish broiled or fryed. The fresher the better!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Fowler coaxes a leadoff walk out of Doogie. Wong gets rung up on a curve…..an extremely animated strike 3 call by the homeplate ump! Who is that guy? He better be just as demonstrative when he rings up a Brewer…..or should I say if he rings up a Brewer? Goldy

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I hear you, Wooster. I see those fish tacos advertised and it pretty much gets me sick to my tum tum. Oh no…..Goldy whiffs and Dexter is hung out to dry between 1st & 2nd….twin killing will put an abrupt and unsatisfactory end to the Redbird 1st.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Off to a slow start. That ump calling that balk last night was funny, he ran half way to first base yelling it out!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gamel strikes out to open the Brewer 2nd. And Spangenberg follows suit by going down swinging. Now Wong breaks the wrong way on an Arcia grounder and that defensive hiccup will result in a base hit…..a bit of a gift from the Cardinal 2nd baseman….a rather rare gift from the defensively gifted Kolten Wong. Doogie Houser strikes out to retire the side.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Marcell….looks like he’s chomping at the bit in anticipation of some Houser offerings….lets see how he fares. Well, we’ll have to wait until his next at bat as he gets a free pass here to open the Cardinal 2nd. DeJong ….20 hits and 5 dingers vs the Crew here in 2010…..well he will not add to that total just yet as he goes down on strikes. Yadi grounds it in the hole in between short and 3rd, but Arcia gobbles it up and gets the force play at 2nd. Tommy Edman grounds out routinely to 2nd. Still a scoreless affair as we mozy along to the 3rd.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

How about a roll call of tonight’s game threaders…..Wooster I know you’re out there…..anyone else??

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Tonight’s Cardinal Nation Trivia question:

What poster once said “No Moose is good Moose”?

Sweet! The Crew hit into a bit of an unorthodox twin killing, just as our Birds did in the 1st. Moving to the bottom of the 3rd

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

This would be a great time for Goldy to go on a hot streak….

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

And as hit send on that last post, GRAND SALAMI!!!!!

RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

Wow! Wonderful way to start a homestand. Goldy grand slam.

RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

We have struggled in the last two games against Houser to score. Got 3 runs, one earned for a win. Then, got one run, earned, in a loss. Got five earned runs in four innings back in April.

RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

Wainwright’s control and command of the game seem to improve when he gets a lead. That was an 8 pitch inning.

Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

Did you feel it too? When the count was 2-2 after Goldy fouled one off hard to the right and the crowd’s buzz became louder I thought: he’s gonna hit the next pitch he swings at OUT. I actually got out the chair and kneel’d close to the TV before the wind-up.

Do you ever get hunch like that?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A great call by CARDSFANINCHITOWN and a little prayer from Carter = Goldy Grand Salami.

1982 willie
    Participant

well a pretty good start. overall we aren’t stinging the ball but we have had some good things happen like walks and some timely hitting. good for goldy to get back into the home run groove. waino pitching great.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

Tommy Edman is a player.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Wainios still looking good
    Will they let him go another inning?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We are inching oh so close to “Calling Off the Dogs” territory …..and in this case it’s a beautiful thing.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

And ladies and gentlemen we are there……a Goldy 3 run shot to center makes it a COD…..10-0!!!

1982 willie
    Participant

well waino isn’t going to go another one but its right call. not sure about carpenter as your hitter but he is left handed so we will see.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.