StL 2019 Game 144 thread: Tue 9/10 at Rockies

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 144 thread: Tue 9/10 at Rockies

This topic contains 45 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Wooster 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 21 posts - 26 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gallegos sets the Rockies down in order in the 7th, utilizing only 8 pitches in the process. Time for a little Redbird power outburst!

GACard
    Participant

Free

Need the Cubs to lose. Not much faith in the hitting tonight. the under would have been a great bet at 13.5

1982 willie
    Participant

Free

just an offensive struggle. a couple of missed opportunities with runners at third and less than 2 outs. bader got a hit the one time with runner in scoring position at second but it was yadi running so no score. yadi is great but his speed or lack of hurts us sometimes. but our big guys haven’t hit. that’s the biggest letdown. if goldy, ozuna, and dejong don’t hit, we really are gonna struggle. goldy looks as bad as he did earlier this year.

1982 willie
    Participant

Free

cubs are down so if they lose this doesn’t hurt so much. its been a well pitched game all around, how often does that happen in Colorado.

1982 willie
    Participant

Free

edman probably should have taken a pitch just to see if he would bounce a pitch and we could get a runner to second but sometimes the first pitch is the best one you get from a closer so whose to say. cant win em all.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Cubs trail 6-2 in the 4th. Still a game.

Yelich out for the year with a knee injury.

And my next question……

HOW CAN THEY ONLY SCORE ONE RUN IN COLORADO AGAINST A TEE-TOTAL DUD PITCHER???????????

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by Ratsbuddy Ratsbuddy.
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This game can be summarized in just 4 short words…… “too much Chi Chi”.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hey Hey! Watch those words, Rat!! It’s Chi Chi, man…..not some “Tee Toting Dud Pitcher”.

Euro Dandy
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Goldy under-delivers too often. I feel like we’ve got right handed Matt Adams at the plate. Probably should have pinch hit for Bader his last AB. You could see that one coming. Better bring some sticks tomorrow.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Cubs now trail 6-3 in the last of the 4th. Hope the Padres can score some more runs as I suspect six wont be enough in this one.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I agree Euro.

Goldsh~t used to be a feared hitter. Now he is almost an easy out – or close to that.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

The Cubs trailed 8-5 going into the 8th. Bryant and Heyward homer and now its tied 8-8.

Their guys get hits and homeruns. Our guys strikeout, hit little popouts, and ground out and we can only score one run in Colorado.

I can see how this race is going to end up.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

CUBS LOSE! CUBS LOSE! CUBS LOSE!

9-8 Padres in 10 innings!

Cishek walks three straight in the bottom of the 10th! Including walking Margot with the bases loaded to end it!

Still a four game lead.

Whew………..

r/Esteemed Rat

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by Ratsbuddy Ratsbuddy.
    Euro Dandy
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Cishek sure picked a bad time to pull the old ball 4, ball 8, ball 12 trick. Bad for the cubs, that is.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

On a high note Chatwood seems to be a lot better than last year. I was at the Padres game tonight until the 8th.

Cubs still have some weapons on offense. They had a huge blunder with Zobrist airmailing a ball on a double play in the 2nd or 3rd. They’ve got some pitching issues. I think it will be close down the stretch.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Hey guys, it’s early yet. Goldy will come around with an offensive burst. This is only a 150-game setback.

GameCard
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Yes, he likely will.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Disappointing to lose that way last night, but it happens. Hopefully the bats come alive tonight and the Cubs keep losing.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

In a word: Pathetic. Back to the olden days – bases loaded, no knock. runner on 3rd, no knock, etc, etc.

Thank You Padres for not giving in to the Chublets. They are now shaking in their boots for even a wild card but will rest a bit easier as Yelich is out for the season.

Time to get this offense back on the road. Only Goldy’s first base slide was impressive last night.

Houstonlarry24
    Participant

Free

Bad losses like these just further point out the feeble lineup which rears its ugly head way to often.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

2 to 1 ain’t exaxtly a blow out. Tight game. Just saw the recap and it looks like we’re still leaving runners stranded at 3rd. If its me I’m gonna demand the whole lineup works on bunting and suicide squeeze, esp with 1 outs. Its gettin ridiculous!

Viewing 21 posts - 26 through 46 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years