StL 2019 Game 106 thread: Sun 7/28 vs. Astros

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 106 thread: Sun 7/28 vs. Astros

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1:15 p.m. RHP Dakota Hudson (10-4, 3.61) vs. LHP Wade Miley (8-4, 3.25) Fox Sports Midwest // FS1 // KMOX // WIJR

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I’ll be tuned in for this one. Also switching back and forth between the Cubs/Brewers game. Hoping Goldman can yank another one out.

For lunch today it will be sausage, corn otc, choc cream pie, and a Hershey almond bar with peanut butter and a Sunkist orange drink. Then a cigar after that. ETA on the vittles is around 2:15 est, around first pitch time.

r/Esteemed Rat

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Got to say we should have a really good chance to take this one. Miley is LHP and doesn’t win many on the road. Was just thinking we had 2 men on with 2 outs three times last night and never got the rbi! That means that situation is below .300. Wish we could change that! We would have been in the game. Another thought how does our pitcherlose the strike zone and not get pulled before walking the bases loaded. If we are playing to win our division I don’t think a mound visit is gonna do it. Letting him play through it don’t work when you are playing from behind. See some hitting today-rbi’s really. Go Cardinals!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Ratsbuddy thats alot of sugar. You obviously aren’t diabetic!

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This one should come down to whether Hudson can avoid his early inning troubles. Once he settles in he’s usually very good. I’d like to see him pull off 7 shutout today. On the other side, I haven’t seen a lineup yet but I’d imagine we should see a lot of right handers in there. Maybe Munoz at 3rd and Edman at 2nd and O’Neill-Bader-Jmart in the OF?

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Just don’t know if Munoz is tall enough to be consistent at of. That spectacular try to rob that rbi off the wall probably would have been snagged by Dexter. Hes a great utility man though. I like JMart in there for his power. He really could knock one out at anytime. Ditto on the RH’s.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We are in the absolute toughest part of our schedule right now. 3 against the Astros, 3 against the Cubs, 2 at the A’s, and 3 at the Dodgers. That is a brutal 11 game stretch. If we are still in first after that it will be a bloody miracle and a very good sign.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Yes gscotar you are right. Turns out we ended up playing some really good teams. Like playing in our division better. Think we have a good chance of making the post season this year myself

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Two pitches into the game and Hudson gives up a home run. He really just can’t start the game off right, can he?

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hudson wiggles out of a jam in the top of the 2nd. Wieters leads the bottom of the inning odd with a single.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yordan Alvarez strikes next. Hudson’s HR/Fly ball % continues to rise. 2-0 Astros.

Houstonlarry24
    Participant

Free

And as usual the team cannot hit.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The first two reach in the bottom of the 3rd for the Cards. Goldy up and could really use another hit.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Goldy gets rung up on a ball.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

O’Neill with the base hit but Edman got a poor jump and it leaves the bases loaded. Dejong up now, just has to hit one to the outfield.

1982 willie
    Participant

bases loaded, can we take advantage

1982 willie
    Participant

well that didn’t go well

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Dejong Ks. This is the kind of stuff that puts you back in a losing streak. Bad base running and Ks with men at third and less than 2 out. Now Wieters with a weak grounder, so Miley gets away with it.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hudson gave up a single to start the 4th but got a nice double play ball.

Now he’s getting squeezed by this joke of an umpire. This one was a solid 3″ closer to the plate than the one they called Goldy out on. He gets the K in the end but it takes several more pitches to add to his pitch count. He may not go more than 5.

1982 willie
    Participant

I don’t understand why its so hard for these guys, especially pitchers to bunt. it only helps yourself why not grab a buddy and work on it. its not that difficult if you practice it.

1982 willie
    Participant

I really like edman, personally im not in a hurry for carpenter to return. edman hits better and defensively is much better.

1982 willie
    Participant

lots of runners stranded.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Jmart Ks with two on and two out. Sequencing FTL in this game so far.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hudson with another strike called ball. Walks the pitcher, with no help from the umpire.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.