StL 2019 Game 101 thread: Tue 7/23 at Pirates

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 101 thread: Tue 7/23 at Pirates

Viewing 15 posts - 51 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Osuna flies out to Bader and the Cards win it 4-3. Nothing easy, but a win is a win. Now hopefully the Giants do their part.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

The ump wasn’t giving Miller the sweeper on the inside.

Edit: StlC25: I went back and looked. The first pitch was pretty well framed by Wieters, so Miller was probably squeezed. The third pitch wasn’t as good and Miller missed his target by a lot. Wieters set up outside and had to reach back across the plate to catch it, so it wasn’t well-framed. Most umps weren’t going to call that one a strike.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Euro DandyEuro Dandy.
    Participant

Free

I wasn’t happy about bringing in Miller. Gallegos was pitching well, and Miller is inconsistent. But, it worked. In the past two nights, every run that we have scored has been on HRs except the two set up last night by Wong on a single with a runner on first and double tonight to drive it in. He is 11 for 31 since the break with only one K.

The Reds are killing Milwaukee, 9-0 in the fifth. Cubs have a 1-0 lead over the Giants in the top of the first. Detroit and Philly are tied, 2-2 in the 7th.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Cubs now a 2-1 lead over the Giants in the 3rd. So far its been the B Boyz, Baez and Bryant for the Cubs. But its early yet and the Giants have been finding ways to win.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice clean win by our boys! Last year in was the teams in blue duking it out for central divisional bragging rights. This year it may be the teams in red battling it out during the dog days of August and September. Even though we just took them over our knee and soundly spanked them in their own crib, these Reds are for real. And how about Gallegos! If you had to pick one Cardinal MVP thus far here in 2019, how do you not at least shift your eyes in Gallegos’ direction and extend him a wary wink? Go Birds!

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Giants lead the cubs 4-2 after 5.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Two touchdowns is always better than two field goals. Reds lead the Brewers 14-6 going to the 9th.

Participant

Free

Looking good for more ground gaining.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Pepsi Sandbagger homers in the last of the 13th and the Giants down the Cubs 5-4!!!

1/2 game back!

Could we be in 1st place after tomorrow???

r/Esteemed Rat <~~~~who stayed up for the entire Cubs/Giants game

Participant

Free

Cubs lose in extras on a oppo blast by Panda.

Participant

Paid - Annual

NL Central shaping up to be a dogfight. This trade deadline is very important. As I have said before the front offices could decide who wins the division.

Participant

Free

Just caught the highlights, good well played game by us! They never scored again after the first inning. Good pitching and very smooth defense. Good steady contact hitting by us! Go Cardinals!

Participant

Free

Hudson and Ponce both give me the shakes when they start. They look like they can’t hit the broadside of a barn and stay that way. Thankfully the defense saves them and they get enough offense to overcome their shortcomings. But a win is a win and I will take it every time.

This umpiring crew must be one of the weakest in MLB. So far, the first two HPUs haven’t shown much talent on the location of the strike zone. I hate to admit it but Angel Hernandez has called some pretty good games as HPU lately.

Participant

Free

Gallegos would look good as a closer but we wouldn’t want to insult Carlos would we? Or would we?

Participant

Paid - Annual

With the Cards on the move I don’t think that the FO will be looking at a major trade. Everyone seems to want a starter… which may happen… but IMO not the guy that folks have been talking about.

This is such a strange season in the NLC sparking a lot of interest now as it tightens up. We’re going to win this thing. I don’t like the sound of wild card.

Viewing 15 posts - 51 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years