St. Louis 2026 Game #162 thread – Sunday, Sept. 27 at Milwaukee Brewers

Home › The Cardinal Nation Forums › Open Forum › St. Louis 2026 Game #162 thread – Sunday, Sept. 27 at Milwaukee Brewers

Viewing 17 posts - 26 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #319729
    blingboy
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Babe Prieto with a triple. Nice.

    #319730
    bicyclemike
    Moderator

    Paid - Annual

    Looks like our club will finish 8 games below break even. I believe at one time we were 9 over, thus we lost 17 more than we won after that. Abysmal.

    #319731
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

    Free

    The Phillies are headed to Atlanta for the playoffs. They beat Tampa Bay today.

    And it looks like Houston will be headed to the playoffs as well.

    Arenado will be the NL Comeback Player of the Year. I predicted this six months ago.

    #319732
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    Yeah, they never could reach the 10 above mark and I think they had two to or three chances to do so. In any case, they seemed to really run out of steam during the month of August and never could put things right for the remainder of the season.

    #319733
    blingboy
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    That’s a wrap. On to next year.

    #319734
    gscottar
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Season over. Now we get several months of discussing the CBA Lockout and whether 2027 will be another runway year or not.

    #319735
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    It’s looking like the Astros are going to be the first team in Big League history to qualify for the post-season with a .500 record during a season in which a full schedule was completed.

    #319737
    blingboy
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    I wonder how many on today’s active roster will not be on the opening day roster.

    #319740
    Cardinal in France
    Participant

    Free

    26 GB. A sad day. A sad season. Of course we leave 2026 behind armed with any number of excuses to offer up over the winter. We’re rebuilding! We’re rebuilding! At least we had some enjoyable moments with this bunch of youngsters.

    #319741
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    Boy that was quick. It seems like just the other day that I was changing cable TV companies so that I’d be able to watch the Cardinal games this season. I sure hope I don’t have to jump through all those hoops again in ’27.

    #319746
    stlcard25
    Participant

    The Mariners, Nationals and Twins all won today, but even though this loss happened, it didn’t help the draft odds. They are still 12th. The big beneficiary was the Tigers, who went from 11th to 7th by virtue of their loss to Pittsburgh. If the Cards had lost one more game along the way, they’d be in that 7th spot themselves. 12th to 7th roughly triples the odds of the lottery pick (12.5% to 39.2%) and the number 1 overall pick (1.27% to 4.51%). It would be nice to grab a high pick for what we hope is the tail end of the rebuild.

    #319747
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Other than Pedro Pages (properly pronounced “Pay-dro Pa-Hez”) and Leonardo Bernal, the offense was pretty darn lame once again today. And the post Home Run Derby rare Walker rbi was the result of a botched Brewer SS (Pratt) throwing error on an attempted twin killing. You have to just love this Bernal kid of ours. I still think Walker is going to be fine, but I’ll tell you what…..I would more readily trade Walker at this point than I would Leonardo Abdiel Bernal. I’m well aware of the arguments for Misiorowski pitching in this game, but I’m still surprised they did it. We’ll get them next year, gang!

    And to you, Rat. The upper Eastern seaboard needs a guy like you during these troubling times. With that Nor’Easterner in full swing, these weather worn people need a meteorologist that can give then precise forecasts, so they can baton down the hatches when necessary. And nobody out there has the knack of expertly interpreting Doppler Radar and other meteorological tools as Rat.

    #319751
    blingboy
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    We will all have to take our chances with the green stuff until spring.

    #319752
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

    Free

    Yes sirree Pugs!

    The nor’easter is pummeling the eastern seaboard as we speak. I bet Commissioner Reagan and the NYPD are on full alert.

    No doubt Yankee Stadium is all covered up and chances are that the inclement weather might be out of the area in time for first pitch on Tuesday afternoon. If not they might delay that first pitch until Tuesday evening. Have to check with Commissioner Manfred on that one. No doubt the two Commissioners are in contact with each other.

    r/Esteemed Rat

    #319753
    ZTR
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    It looks really bleak for sure but – a couple of years from now hopefully we are having a much different conversation.

    We don’t know right now if Bloom can get it done or not – that’s part of living in the moment.

    in 1984 the Cubs won 13 of 18 games (13-5) against the Cardinals who finished 3rd 84-78 and 12.5 games back – we all know what happened in 1985.

    #319754
    ZTR
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Gorman 0-4 with 3 Ks.

    I hope that today was the very last time we ever see him play in a Cardinal’s uniform.

    #319755
    bicyclemike
    Moderator

    Paid - Annual

    I think Gorman sealed his fate, if there was any doubt. Course Miz is a tough cookie to have your fate depending on.

    It does seem like the campaign flew by. I worked a bunch of Rockies games this year and it only seems like a few weeks ago I was working the home opener.

    Hopefully we see improvement next year, assuming the powers that be are not too dumb and work out an agreement. You never know. I looked at the 1960 NL standings and the Reds finished sixth, 28 games behind Pittsburgh. They won the pennant the next year. Bill James called it the “miracle on Western Avenue.”

Viewing 17 posts - 26 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 25 years