Springfield Cardinals AA roster announced

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Springfield Cardinals AA roster announced

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    MrperkinsMrperkins
    Participant

Free

I’ll post it here when I figure out how. Gorman is on it

MrperkinsMrperkins
    Participant

Free
    stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Maybe Brian can make this a “rosters” thread. Here’s Peoria:

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Palm Beach:

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Memphis (have to click the link and open the photo):

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Memphis has a very intriguing pitching staff but Springfield has the intriguing position players.

MrperkinsMrperkins
    Participant

Free

Nick Plummer using his 9th life. That pitching staff doesnt look imposing.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

My initial thoughts:

1. The Memphis pitching staff looks stacked. There are a lot of really quality arms there. The hitting looks…very weak. I could see the team being at or near the top of their league in pitching and the exact opposite with the bats.

2. The hitting prospects will make Springfield the box score of choice to check first, at least early in the season. Should be fun watching Gorman, Herrera, Baker and company launch some balls there. Also will be interested to see how Delvin Perez looks. And don’t sleep on Justin Toerner “Overdrive” flying around the OF making circus catches and cracking some dingers at Hammons Field.

3. Malcom Nunez being in Peoria is a nice step for him. Jhon Torres is about where we expected, but maybe hoped for him to have taken a step forward. Lots of college arms on the Chiefs staff.

4. Excited to see Winn and Walker challenged to start in full season ball. Of course, with the complex there they can be moved back and forth easily. Of disappointing note, no Trejyn Fletcher. Injury, slow development or what? He’s got such potential that we really need to see pan out. On the pitching side, I’m super curious to see how the twin phenoms, Ludwin “The Magnificent” Jimenez and Edwin “The Duck” Nunez fare against full season players at their precocious age.

Participant

Paid - Annual

So the Palm Beach hitting Coach is a guy from Denmark who was a College softball coach last year? I wish him well, but what the heck . . .?

Participant

Free

Looks like Bryce Denton has been released! 2nd round pick in 2015. I wonder how many others will be cut this year with the subtraction of several teams? Have to trim those who aren’t performing!

Participant

Paid - Annual

Agreed Stlcard25. Memphis staff loaded to the gils with talent…..headlined by Alexander the Great. Many of us here have been following Alexander the Great since he but a young pup. Now his time has arrived. We’ll see him in the show sometime this season.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Tommy Parsons went all the way from Low A to Memphis in 2019. Here he is back at Memphis.

Delvin Perez skips A ball (formerly Palm Beach) and moves right on up to Springfield.

Twenty-year-old Malcolm Nunez skips Low A and is assigned to Peoria.

The outfield in Palm Beach is intriguing. It will be fun watching these kids living their dream.

I wonder where Tink Hence will show up.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Paid - Annual

I wonder where Tink Hence will show up.

It appears he will start out playing at the complex camp then perhaps earning a spot with Palm Beach later in the year.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Springfield, Peoria, and Palm Beach all have very intriguing infield players. Our system is really stacked with infielders. The only intriguing outfield to me is Peoria with Burleson and Torres.

As for Memphis they might have the best pitching staff in all of AAA however their position player core looks barren to me both on the IF and OF. Who is going to play 1B for Memphis? Perhaps Nogo when he comes off the IL.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Palm Beach outfield…. Patrick Romeri was coming on strong before COVID in 2020. I look for him to move up to Peoria before long. LJ Jones IV could be a hidden gem. Tough luck for him almost kept him from getting drafted. Matt Kaperniak was an undrafted free agent. Are any of our undrafted free agents going to make it?

Participant

Paid - Annual

Memphis rotation…….. Liberatore, Thompson, Oviedo, Rondon. And who gets the fifth spot? Fagalde? Parsons? Evan Kruczynski is also listed as a starter. Kruczynski, reportedly, was much improved this spring.

Next year with Hudson coming back, and Mikolas healthy, and Kim likely extended, and Reyes ready to join the rotation, and Wainwright possibly coming back, and Gant wanting to be a starter, there will be no room at the Inn for any of the 5,6, or 7 starters at Memphis.

The Cardinals have too much pitching. You have to think some of the other ball clubs are taking notice.

Participant

Free

You can never have too much pitching.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I agree with GameCard here. Look no further than our own Birds as an example. Remember the weath of riches we looked to have circa 2013-15 in the farm system? There was Shelby Miller, Carlos Martinez, Michael Wacha, Trevor Rosenthal, Alex Reyes, Marco Gonzales, Rob Kaminsky. Jack Flaherty and Luke Weaver were drafted in 2014.

Turned out that some of them were trade bait and some failed anyway, some ended up as relievers and some have relatively worked out. It’s hard to say that anyone but Carlos and Flaherty really worked out as starters for us, and that group was undoubtedly stronger looking than this group. Keep the guys we have unless there’s something incredible to use the pitching to get, IMO. We will probably be talking about this group’s hits and misses in a few years as well.

Participant

Paid - Annual

At some point every season you don’t have enough pitching. They drop like flies. Injuries. Fatigue. Dead arm. Loss of control, loss of mojo. Whatever. Guys forced into the wrong roles due to the above. And it never fails at just that time some guy we off loaded because he was roadkill is throwing BBs past everybody for somebody else. Baseball is like that.

Participant

Paid - Three Months

It is interesting and somewhat revealing that Lopez and Dunn are at AA where Gorman was to work at Second. It seems Gorman may be brought along slowly moving to second. One he needs to be able to focus on hitting, and two: there is no present opening at second at the major league level. It also speaks to the depth we possess at the middle infield currently.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t see the depth at middle infield. If we have to bring up a middle infielder from Memphis, it’s very likely going to be Evan Mendoza. None of the other middle infielders at Memphis has ever been able to hit much. The good news is that we have Sosa ready to play at the major league level, and I guess Carpenter could fill in at 2B, but after having primo second basemen for the last few years, I’d hate to see it.

I’m curious as to who will be starting at 2B and SS for Memphis on Monday night. Evan Mendoza looks like the best option for 2B. But who will they put at SS? Maybe they’re saving a spot for Delvin Perez after the way he was hyped during spring training. (I hope so).

Participant

Free

I’m curious as to who will be starting at 2B and SS for Memphis on Monday night. Evan Mendoza looks like the best option for 2B. But who will they put at SS?

Kramer Robertson

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years