Spring training game #25 – vs. Mets – Tue 3/20

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Spring training game #25 – vs. Mets – Tue 3/20

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Mike Mayers vs. Matt Harvey. Regular starter Adam Wainwright will be pitching on the back fields instead. First pitch 1:05 p.m. ET. No TV. KMOX/CRN.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1. Dexter Fowler rf
    2. Tommy Pham cf
    3. Matt Carpenter 3b
    4. Marcell Ozuna lf
    5. Jose Martinez 1b
    6. Yadier Molina c
    7. Paul DeJong ss
    8. Kolten Wong 2b
    9. Mike Mayers p

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I read somewhere where our regular starting pitchers wouldn’t see a lot of game action this week because we play the Mets three times and our staff doesn’t want the Mets to get too used to them before the opening series in New York.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I wish the game was televised today. I’d like to see the minor leaguers mentioned. I saw Evans a couple times, and he has a NICE breaking ball.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’d like to see Arias as well.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Mayers pitched well in his two innings. The game was tied 4-4 through seven before Bud Norris allowed four runs, including three on a long, long homer by Travis d’Arnaud in the eighth.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

I wonder if Mo.is secretely praying for an injury to a reliever so he doesnt have to make a tough call on Myers.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

So how much are we paying Norris?

I’d be interested on some reports from the backfields on Wainwright and Mikolas.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Morris has a $3MM contract. If he makes the 25-man over Mayers, Cardinal fans should riot.

Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think its too early to give up on Norris.He has been a effective MAJOR LEAGUE pitcher as recently as last season.That is something Mike Mayers has not remotely come close to being.mayers has been basically a batting practice pitcher when he pitches in the BIGs.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

NOrris sucked in the 2nd Half last year and it appears that has carried over.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The Cards made it close with three runs in B8th, but lost, 8-7. St. Louis is 12-11-2 on the spring.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Wong was picked off by Harvey. I wonder if this will leave him hesitant to get x-large leads and perhaps cut into his steals. Being picked off must be the worst that could happen for him on the field. I’m sure its still in his head.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Well, it was just a practice game held over four years after the memorable World Series play, which was back when he was still a rookie. Since then, Wong has stolen 50 of 64 bases (78.1%) in regular season games.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.