Simply the worst announcers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Simply the worst announcers

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

any more info on that Edmonds info? I dont remember him saying that about not broadcasting anymore

I like Jimmy, and Ankiel…they really watch the game and the ABs and pitches, they arent polished announcers and that is good

I hope Jimmy comes back…or better, just becomes the hitting coach

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

and you are right about the Reds broadcasters…I love Barry Larkin but my word he doesnt need to be up there. And the 3 person teasm on air is not good at all..and when they are those three…my word…

I like do like Cowboy though

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I just wish they wouldn’t blab constantly.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Did Edmonds actually say that he wasn’t going to be announcing anymore. I hope that’s not true. I wonder if so was it his decision or the Cardinals ownership. If it’s his then that’s fine, he can do whatever makes him happy but if its cardinal ownership, they should sell the team. Go own some worthless organization like the cubs.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Edmonds is a terrible announcer. They need to bring back Hrabosky.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Edmonds is the best of the bunch, though he often gets dragged into Mclaughlin’s inane babble. I like a straight commentary on what’s going on down on the field with technical explanations when necessary and the occasional APPROPRIATE anecdote for color. Skip the chit-chat and who I saw in the elevator talk. It’s not necessary to fill every second of the broadcast with talk.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Edmonds is by far the best announcer they have IMO. He offers insight that none of the others can. Ankiel is growing on me too.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

TV: I go back and forth with Danny Mac. I enjoy listening to Edmunds and Ankiel. They both provide good insights. Rick needs some refinement work in the off-season and he will be fine. I like Horton, but he is a homer. Thompson can go.

Radio: I think Rooney does a nice job. I think Claebs (sp) does a great job. I like his insights and passion. Shannon was enjoyable to listen to in his time. However, It is time for Mike to retire.

When I was a kid I would listen to Harry Caray and Jack Buck do the games. Then Jack Buck and Mike Shannon. I did not realize how good we had it during those years.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

I think for a couple of years in the ‘50s the Cardinals radio team was Harry Caray, Jack Buck and Joe Garagiola. Man, talk about a wealth of talent!

I am okay with the guys they have today, although Mike has stayed a few years too long. He mostly mumbles through the broadcast with no excitement anymore. The “get up baby, get up!!” is now (low, monotone voice), “… and this will be a home run – 2 to nothing Cardinals.”

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

McLaughlin and Horton were babbling so much between themselves that they missed calling a double play ball that Hudson threw in the fourth.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

I wish they’d bring up Erica Weston to do color commentary. But sadly, she’s leaving the organization.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

WHAT???????

Erica Weston is leaving the Cardinals?????

Say it aint so!!!!!

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Rats – she just gave her farewell in a quick spot on the field. Surprised a lot of people, I think.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Where is she going? What is she going to do?

Is she just leaving the Cardinals or leaving BSMW altogether?

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

UPDATE

Her Facebook post says…….”LA, I’m Coming Home…”

Maybe we will luck out and she will cover the Dodgers starting next year.

r/Esteemed Rat

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Possibly a goodbye kiss coming Rat’s way from the departing Miss Weston?

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

If only Horton and Thompson would do the same. Leave, that is, not blow a kiss to Rat!

UConn Card

Paid - Annual

I read Horton is taking Shannon’s spot on the radio side fulltime next season.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Pity the poor radio listeners, having Horton inflicted upon them full time.

bccran
    Participant

Rick’s a great guy.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Is there a direct equivalence between being a great guy and a good on-air talent? Just listen to my podcasts and you would have your answer! 😉

St. Louis Dunphy
    Participant

Free

JIM Edmonds is monotone and boring! Jim Hayes isn’t much better! They talk about the other teams more than they talk about the Cardinals! Our family actually mutes our television and turns on music so we aren’t forced to hear their horrible Commentating.

bccran
    Participant

They do indeed talk too much. Only need to talk to describe action on the field and provide worthwhile insight when appropriate.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

As I said the other day, it’s not necessary to spend the entire broadcast trying to guess what the next pitch will be. At least Edmonds manages to get in some worthwhile remarks about hitting to balance out Mclaughlin’s anecdotes about what somebody said to him in the elevator ten years ago.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

It’s a good thing you guys don’t have to listen to Sadak and Larkin, and Brantley, the Reds announcers. They are HORRIFIC!

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.