Right Field???

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Right Field???

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I think Martinez can improve with continued practice. I know that the guy is trying.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Not you, Ny, but others have questioned Martinez’ commitment and seem to enjoy calling him names. He is not a robot, as some seem to want, but I’ve seen him put in the work to try to get better and all I have heard is that he is a good teammate.

Having said that, he is clearly a liability in the field so I get why he is on the trading block. But as others have said, if they move him, it should be for something that addresses another need. Not trading him for prospects just to get rid of him.

Participant

I like what Jose brings to the team.

thejagerthejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

JMart SHOULD be able to bring us back something we need, like a good lefty…BUT the market is the market

his defense in RF i felt better about than his defense at 1b so i dont mind him as a 4th/5th OFer, but that still provides and issue with ONeill and Fowler in the way…not to mention Munoz’s capability…

I don’t see how he can stay with playing poor defense at 1b, as long as ONeill and Fowler are on the team

at least Adams being able to play good defense at 1b was something of some need for bench

right now the bench is:
    Gyorko, FA Catcher, JMart, ONeill/Fowler

no Munoz or Robinson

I don’t want Gyorko as the backup SS ever again…

So to me someone has to go this offseason…Gyorko, Fowler, Oneill, or JMart….maybe even TWO have to go to get that lefty bat they want

JMart and Gyorko and Poncedeleon
    for
    Rogers and Astudillo and maybe get a halfway decent lower level prospect

That’s a pretty big haul for a lefty reliever and backup catcher…maybe TOO much

BUT

we save a little money and clear a roster spot, while solving TWO problem areas we need to address

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years