Pace of play

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Pace of play

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The rule should be two fielders on either side of second base, three fielders on the outfield grass max. The penalty for breaking it is automatic advancement of all base runners for the first offense and ejection of the player for the second.

bccran
    Participant

What about pace of play?

Sorry to be posting so much this morning, 25. Just trying to push the Chinese hacker’s threads down the page.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I wouldn’t mind a pitch/batting clock. Of course, some of the stepping out and calling time is gamesmanship that is used to mess with pitchers or batters. So I’m not sure what the exact solution is there.

I also love the 7 inning double-headers and hope they become a staple in the future.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Unless there is another COVID season, doubleheaders will go back to being a rare occurrence. The 2021 schedule, which is already out, has none of them. So, whether they are seven or nine innings won’t matter much in normal times.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Curtiss took awhile in his stretch position a few times last night. One rule you might do is that if a pitcher holds the stretch for more than say 4 seconds, it is an automatic ball. As soon as the pitcher gets set, the ump would start a 4-count and if he hits four and the pitcher is still in the stretch, call a ball.

Speaking of John Curtiss, the Cardinals used to have a lefty named John Curtis – got him from the Red Sox. I saw him pitch a dandy game in 1975 at San Diego as part of a double-header sweep out there that summer. My girl friend at the time, later my wife, now my ex-wife, and I drove down from LA and spent the day in SD kicking around and taking in the double-header.

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.