St. Louis Opening Day – Thu 4/7 Cards vs. Bucs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum St. Louis Opening Day – Thu 4/7 Cards vs. Bucs

Tagged: 

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Golus1
    Participant

Free

Does anyone know if (1) Thursday’s game starts at 3:15 local time and the festivities (clydesdales and the introductions) begn before that or (2) the frestiviies start at 3:15 and the game begins after they finish. Will MLB.TV carry to festivities?

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The game will start at 3:15 barring any weather delays or such. The clydesdales and stuff all take place before. Probably starting around 1:30. The times are local times.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Unless they change this year, MLB.TV will not carry the pre-game.

Golus1
    Participant

Free

Thank you very much. Looking forward to the game!

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Here’s the schedule:

12:05 – 12:55 PM Cardinals batting practice (subject to change)

1:00 – 1:50 PM Pirates batting practice (subject to change)

2:30 PM Pregame ceremonies begin with an appearance by the world famous Budweiser Clydesdales

2:33 PM Introduction of Fredbird & Team Fredbird

2:34 PM Baseball is Back scoreboard video

2:37 PM Recognition of Cardinals ownership and management

2:38 PM Introduction of Cardinals Hall of Famers via 2022 Ford Mustang motorcade

2:48 PM Special Tribute scoreboard video

2:53 PM Introduction of the St. Louis Cardinals via 2022 Ford F-150 Tremor motorcade

3:04 PM Introduction of the Pittsburgh Pirates

3:06 PM National Anthem performed by Fleet Street & Color Guard presentation by Fort Leonard Wood

3:09 PM Ceremonial First Pitch

3:15 PM First Pitch

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Is this our Opening Day game thread now?

858booyah
    Participant

Free

I wouldn’t put to much into the Clydesdales making an appearance on a low 50 degree, windy day with possible showers.

I’ll be there at the game.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Weather looks better here in Denver for the Rockies home opener on Friday than in St. Louis. Looks to be sunny and mid-to-high 60s. 70s Saturday.

Should be a fun time around the ballpark tomorrow. I will be working, but hope to keep up with the game with the audio broadcast. Who knows, in these modern times maybe I can have my cell phone hidden just enough at my desk and watch while working. Last year at this time I was working remote, so was able to catch quite a lot of the action while cranking out variance analyses and booking debits and credits.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I have little doubt that Nate’s and RatsBuddy’s favorite portion of the pregame festivities will be the one taking place at 2:37pm(cst). Hey BicycleMike……no need to hide the ballgame from the powers that be at work. This is a new era we’re presently experiencing. Where the workers call most of the shots. I truly believe the coast will be clear for you catching all of the action at work tomorrow. I’d even entertain the idea of popping open a few cold ones in the process.

If I may, I would like to be the first in kicking off our 13th annual Operating Day din-din revelation for our game threads. I’ll be stepping up to the plate for two all beef dogs totally overflowing with raw onions and yellow mustard. That will be followed up with some onion ladden potato salad and small bowl of black grapes. On deck sits an entire cinnamon apple pie, with Breyer’s vanilla ice cream and Hershey’s chocolate syrup gracing it’s top. And we’ll send it all home with a tall glass of pure homemade Welch’s grape juice(no sugars added). Play ball!

And finally, we would all be remiss in not welcoming our new friend, the author of this year’s Opening Day thread. Welcome Golus!!

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Card4Ever
    Participant

Free

2:37, polite golf clap

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Happy Opening Day folks!

Go Cards!

Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

OMFG Pugsley! Opening day means dog and a beer

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

I’d rather have Edman or Bader leading off and Carlson behind Arenado. That’s a lot of righties in a row, which is why I think I mentioned Schwarber 5,814 times in posts over the off-season……

David Martin
    Participant

Paid - Annual

per Cards official website, Pallante got # 53

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I absolutely cannot believe that lineup. Has everybody at 250 Stadium Plaza lost their good sense???

Din-din today will be Hormel Beef Tips with Delmonte sliced potatoes cooked in beef gravy. Then afterwards the last piece of cherry pie from the Gasthof and the last bowl of French Vanilla homemade ice cream. Then a Palma Real cigar will be lit up at the time of the 1st pitch.

r/Esteemed Rat

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

And if I may inquire……..what’s the weather like in St. Louis today?

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

As I canceled my MLB.tv and won’t be signing up again until they start running specials (if then), I won’t catch the game. With the blackout I wouldn’t have it anyway. That said…Go Cards! I predict a 6-2 victory.

I’m eating leftover spaghetti, so nothing particularly exciting. Enjoy your meals, all!

Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

I don’t watch games anymore. I use MLB audio. I grew up on KMOX and that’s what I like. I can’t STAND our TV announcers

Cards667
    Participant

Free

They have Dickerson who’s going to get the bulk of DH starts vs. RHP. They are giving Pujols the opening say start because it’s Pujols. I really hope this Pujols signing doesn’t turn into a disaster and him playing way more than he deserves at this point.
    I don’t mind Carlson leading off and even said it’s what I’d start off the season with. With the spring Edman had hitting him 9 and take the pressure off and let him be him. I don’t like Pujols 5 and Molina 7. Pujols has no business hitting 5, especially vs RHP, and I was being generous saying I’d hit them 6th and 8th.

And I’d love to be watching today but I’m on vacation in Florida and my Bally Sports and DirecTV Stream apps both know I’m in Florida and won’t let me watch.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carlson with the leadoff double. I think we are gonna hear that plenty this year. Dylan’s gonna have a big year.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

O’Neill with the RBI single and then the big fly. He’s having quite the start to the year.

Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

Tyler on a pace to bat about 900 with 400 RBI

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Anybody awake on this thread?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.