Wednesdays With Walton podcasts

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Wednesdays With Walton podcasts

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 454 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

A new podcast will drop later this morning. The main topic is spring training – majors and minors – key dates, battles, emerging guys to watch, etc. We also talk about the Cardinals Museum and the new exhibit. I will post the link when it goes live.

JHaug10
    Participant

Free

Scoops for the museum

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

JHaug10, that is impressive. You knew to go to ScoopsWithDannyMac.com to find the podcast even before we touted it on social media.

Check your email for details on your prize and thank you for listening.

Wednesday’s with Walton – February 6, 2019

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I haven’t been keeping up with these, but they should give me something to listen to as a slog around the woods on this rainy, snow covered day.

ThePerfectFoil
    Participant

Scoops for the museum!

Always love Wendesdays with Walton!

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Thank you for the remarks, ThePerfectFoil. Unfortunately, you were beaten to the punch for today’s giveaway.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

14NyquisT
    Participant

All of the 20 coaching changes: “lack of continuity… how things are organized… how things are run”. . There was no mention of why there is a lack of continuity. But these are words that make me feel that the FO is perhaps disorganized.
    The organization brings in new coaches with fanfare, but then they have very poor results in retention. Did they bring in the wrong people? In the real world an organization that can’t retain personnel because of poor hiring techniques has serious problems at the top. No-brainer.

I know that you don’t play the blame game but where is the responsibility for this turmoil?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Not once did I even suggest “disorganization”, “poor hiring techniques” or “turmoil”. Those are incendiary words coming from one who carries an agenda. If I thought you would have an open dialogue, I would engage. But I know better. You have decided it is Mo’s fault and hiring Shildt was a mistake. We get that.

For the rest of you, as I discussed in the podcast, the earlier half of the changes seemed to be oriented toward making moves around Matheny to try to help him. Once that did not work, they put together an interim staff as Matheny, Mabry and Mueller were fired. The most recent set of changes seemed to be focused on getting Shildt’s own group of coaches in place.

My conclusion was wondering about the potential positive impacts of this new group, if they remain together.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That was an excellent podcast. I haven’t been listening to every one through the winter, but I’m looking forward to seeing them as spring training gets going.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Thanks. I think we talked 2x or 3X longer than when he was taping. I get a lot out of them, too!

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 454 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 25 years