MLB’s most untouchable player by team

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum MLB’s most untouchable player by team

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    14NyquisT
    Participant

Mozeliak won’t admit he made a mistake in hiring Marmol as his puppet manager. And Mo will never criticize him like Marmol openly does some players.

The lack of superior defense is catching up to the Cards. O’Neill will help that but his hitting is what we need to see improved. The loss of Bader for possibly the rest of the season will be sorely missed.

There is a couple of posters that nearly always put a negative spin on Edman…. you know at least one of them. He’s been down on Edman since Tommy stepped on the field in STL. Unrelenting and he’d be glad to see Edman go elsewhere.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

So I guess edman made a conscious effort to not keep hitting well. That’s just ludicrous. Marmol is horrible. Can we get a real manager please. This team is faltering and marmol is weighing us down.

It isn’t uncommon for slumping players to get moved down in the order.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I didn’t question moving him down in the lineup.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bashing managers is a time honored baseball tradition. Fans have to vent their anger somewhere.

LaRussa was bashed for being aloof, often referred to as “LaGenius”.

Matheny, a rookie manager with no MLB managing experience, was bashed for being stubborn and not accepting analytics.

Shildt, a rookie manager with no MLB managing experience, was bashed for being a sunshine pumper no matter how bad the team was performing.

Now Marmol, a rookie manager with no MLB managing experience, is being bashed for being too young and apparently not liking Woodford or Edman.

For me the common denominator is the front office. Managers in the Cardinal organization (and others) can impact certain things around the margins, but in my opinion, the bulk of the W-L record is determined by what the front office does.

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.