Minor league thread – Wed 5/15

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Minor league thread – Wed 5/15

This topic contains 17 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Cardinals27 6 days, 8 hours ago.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Memphis off
    Springfield vs. Arkansas, 11:10 am CT, Harold Arauz (0-3, 7.65)
    Palm Beach vs. Tampa, 6:30 pm ET, Edgar Gonzalez (2-5, 3.78)
    Peoria vs. Beloit (2), Game 1 – 11:05 am CT, Alvaro Seijas (1-4, 2.70)/Diego Cordero (2-1, 1.45)

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Shew to the IR. He took a shot off of his arm on Sunday. I hope its not serious because he is having a
    great season.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It’s nice to make it to the Chiefs games. Suite ticket was $20. Nice.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Looks like both Torres and Nunez remain hitless in their 4th contest for the Chiefs. Torres did have a couple walks yesterday. Too much level for them? Hope to see them get their feet under them soon.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cordero looks good. Pitched around a beat the shift bunt. Low 90s fastball, nice movement on breaking ball and change up.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This should be a big day for Nunez. Hope they don’t sit him a game. At his age, he should be chomping at the bit to play a quadheader if they had such. I’ll be real curious to see if Bobby Reed ended up taking the fair city of Peoria by storm today??? If you were a merchant there, how could you take the man’s money? I know if I owned a restaurant and Bobby whipped out his wallet to pay, the first words out of my mouth would be “Your money is no good here, Bobby.”

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Jhon Torres is now 0-11 with 9 K and 2 BB
    Malcom Nunez is 0-13 with 5 K

Neither appear ready for Midwest League.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nunez has first stateside hit and rbi

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Torres just struck out again. 14 plate appearances and 10 Ks. Sheesh.

But looky there, Nunez with his first single and RBI.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nunez lined out one other at bat. I think he’ll do well here. Torres does look lost. Both have trouble with off speed stuff, but that is to be expected for rookies.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Seijas strikes out 5 of first 6 hitters. Has 3/4s delivery, looks like a lot of movement, 92-93 on fastball and nice breaking ball.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sac fly by Torres. 1-0, Nunez ropes a double o left. 2-0

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well well well…..look who’s heating up. How does 3-6 with a couple rbi and a ringing double on the afternoon suit your fancy? Nunez is going to own this league in short order. Torres will be fine too. It’s just going to take him a bit longer to acclimate himself.

dac8b9
    Participant

Paid - Annual

To anyone who was able to watch Peoria, did Nunez get any hits off of breaking balls? I noticed in the game I watched Monday that he seemed to be adjusting to the breaking balls as the game went on and even fouled some off. To give you an idea of how quickly he is adjusting, in his first at bat Monday he came completely out of his stance trying to hit a curveball and struck out. But as the game went on, he was much better at staying in his stance and even managed to make contact a few times, instead of missing badly. He seems to be really quick with making adjustments after each at bat, showing good intelligence.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Both Seijas and EGonzalez were excellent as it was the best starts for both of them this season. Seijas has been much more consistent with his starts in his second go around for PEO.

EGonzalez(#48 TCN-Apr.) relieved at State College last season 20 games, ERA=4.99 WHIP=1.63 OBA=.313. Nothing special there. Whoever saw his potential as a starter deserves a gold star. He has been a step up from good…. ERA= 3.20 Whip=1.35 and his K/rate is up to 1.2/inn. And this is skipping Peoria.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Seijas dominated the first 2 innings with 5 K’s. Not sure if he changed his approach with 6-0 lead, but he looked more hittable, or he pitching to contact which would impress.
    Cordero danced around a lot of trouble, but made key pitches when he had to.
    Nunez looked much better Wednesday after his first 3 games, but did chase some pitches down and away.
    Torres is adapting slower than Nunez, and hit a sac fly on a hard hit ball to left center.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I was hoping to see more pitchers, but didn’t because of the inning eaters Cordero and Seijas. St Clair pitched the 7th inning and was not impressive, hitting about 90 on the gun.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years