Minor league thread – Tue 4/16

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Minor league thread – Tue 4/16

This topic contains 19 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Avatar 14NyquisT 1 month ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Memphis vs. San Antonio – Genesis Cabrera
    Springfield vs. Tulsa (AM) – Evan Kruczynski
    Palm Beach at Lakeland (AM) – Alex Fagalde
    Peoria vs. Clinton – Tommy Parsons

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Somewhere in Wisconsin, Pugs is very happy.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Springfield is getting bombed, down 9-0 in the fifth. This is Kruczynski’s third rough start in three tries. His ERA is 11.77. I wonder what has happened to him?

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

I was just asking a guy who is at the game the exact same question. This is not the same pitcher from last season. 17 earned runs in 13 innings.

Looks like that 5 game winning streak is going to end today.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I hope to see Fagalde in Springfield soon.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

And Toerner keeps on raking!! Maybe he’ll get a shot at Springfield with O’Neills injury filtering down. Unless y’all want to see Fowler or JMart in center, surely they have to recall Thomas at some point.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I hope to see Fagalde in Springfield soon.

Right on, Scotty! I think we’ll be seeing “Alexander The Great” in St. Louis quicker than envisioned too.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Tommy Parsons had another outstanding outing, also.
    8 IP 1 ER 0 BB 8 SO

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Leandro Cedeno wins it for Peoria with a bases loaded walk-off single in the bottom of the 9th.

Johan Mieses with a grand slamo in the 8th for Memphis to give them a 5-run lead and they would need it as Chasen Shreve was worthless tonight. Threw 24 pitches and didn’t even record an out. Gave up 4 earned runs on a walk, single, run scoring double, walk, and 2-run single before being pulled for John Fasola. An errant throw on a fielder’s choice by Schrock allowed the 4th run to score.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

This game can be so weird at times. Mieses has a great game on opening night, but gets bumped back down to Springfield and hits just .100 there. Gets promoted again and has a grand slam his first game back with Memphis.

Derek Shore
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Regarding Kruczynski, I have seen two of his starts. The stuff has backed up from last year. His velocity has been down. He has been anywhere from 86-89 mph and he is not filling up the strike zone enough. At his best, he is a strike-thrower with four quality pitches (low-90s fastball, curveball, change, and slider).

On a side note, Montero has impressed me despite his early numbers. The ball sounds “different” off his bat.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Did the Cardinals change their pitching philosophy this offseason? I’m seeing way too many guys going up there and just nibbling at the strike zone.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Fagalde is an easy choice for Player of the Day, but Parsons deserves to be co-player of the day…..
    or vice versa.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Right on, Scotty! I think we’ll be seeing “Alexander The Great” in St. Louis quicker than envisioned too.

I would take Fagalde, Shew, and Woodford in the St. Louis rotation right now. They couldn’t be any worse than what we have.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Well, mud… UConn Card threw the choice to me and I decided on Cedeno since he drove in all of his team’s runs, including the walk off winner.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Brian! Pugs might be scarred for life because of this…maybe go on a hunger strike…or possibly enter a monastery and become a monk.

I’m going to give Cedeno my ‘tri-player of the day’ along with Fagalde and Parsons.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I cannot disagree with you, mud!

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

On a side note, Montero has impressed me despite his early numbers. The ball sounds “different” off his bat.

That is a good sign, Derek. I’m looking forward to seeing him once he catches up to the league a bit.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years