Minor league thread – Thu 5/23

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Minor league thread – Thu 5/23

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Brian Walton Brian Walton 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Memphis at Nashville, Evan Kruczynski (0-0, 6.23) 6:35 CT
    Springfield at Arkansas, Angel Rondon (0-0, 7.20), 7:10 CT
    Palm Beach at Charlotte, pitcher TBA, 6:30 ET
    Peoria at Wisconsin, Kyle Leahy (1-4, 4.97) 11:05 CT

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gorman with a couple hits and Nunez one, as Peoria clips Wisconsin 6-5 in America’s Dairyland. Speaking of Wisconsin, we here are very very nervous this evening with the Raptors invading our fair State. The thought of this great Bucks squad losing 3 straight is simply unimaginable. Bucks win this one 124-115 with Bledsoe going off for 28 points. Wish us well, gang!

P. S. Aubrey Drake does indeed truly suck!!!

dac8b9
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’ve been following the box scores of Nunez ever since I watched his first game in Peoria. It was evident in his debut that, while he clearly looked overmatched against breaking balls, he was making substantial progress as the game went on and looked noticeably better in his last at bat compared to his first one. As I’ve been monitoring his box scores, I’ve noticed two interesting trends. The first trend is that he has really cut down on his strikeouts after his first few games, which is really promising (though it’d be nice if he also drew more walks). The other trend I noticed is that he is hitting for almost no power, as he currently has only one extra base hit. Obviously, this is the best pitching he’s ever faced and the power will likely return with more time at the level. What I can’t tell from just reading box scores is how often he hits the ball hard and how he is adjusting to breaking stuff. I know he is striking out much less, so it’s clear he’s made some adjustments to secondary pitches. But I cannot tell if he is having any luck hitting them without watching the game or reading the report of someone who has. Has anyone here watched Nunez recently and could give me the answer?

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Looks like Dylan Carlson is leading every stat known to man with Springfield.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Great outing by Rondon. I am not sure what to make of Reyes’ outing against high A opponents. It was very good, and we could use him in the rotation if he can throw strikes.

birdemic
    Participant

Re: Kruczynski
    Kruczynski currently strikes me as a candidate for a ‘primary pitcher’. The past two outings (and even some of his earlier outings in Springfield) seemed to unravel around the third time through the order. The Redbirds used Meisinger as an opener on Monday…maybe they could try using him as an opener again before bringing in Krucz.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by Avatar birdemic.
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Meisinger may be needed to start Saturday. As of now, Memphis has not named anyone.

BTW, I thought the “opener” tag is for a guy who takes the first inning before the regular starter comes in. Instead, Meisinger went the first three innings on the 20th, which is probably about all he could stretch out to pitch. The rest of the bullpen completed the final six innings.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years