Minor league thread – Thu 5/16

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Minor league thread – Thu 5/16

This topic contains 15 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by BlackHillsCard BlackHillsCard 5 days ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Memphis at San Antonio, Genesis Cabrera (1-3, 7.81) 7:05 CT.
    Springfield at NW Arkansas, Johan Oviedo (0-0, 6.75) 7:05 CT.
    Palm Beach vs. Tampa, Perry DellaValle (1-2, 2.43) 9:30 CT.
    Peoria vs. Quad Cities, Jacob Schlesener (0-3, 11.85) 6:35 CT.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It may be time for Fagalde(25) to be challenged at Springfield. Someone needs to replace Arauz who has been dreadful in the Springfield rotation. His 2 starts at Memphis earlier on were disappointing also.

There is a lack of solid depth at the lower levels with so many injured. Tewes, Walsh, Oxnevad (60-day)and Zamora are all ailing. Good news is Roberts will be available by this weekend I believe.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Have I missed any recent updates on Elehuris Montero? I thought that they said his injury was not considered to be serious, but he hasn’t played in quite a while.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I wonder where the young DSL players will start? I am guessing GCL, as they might want to keep them playing together until some standouts arise.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It may be time for Fagalde(25) to be challenged at Springfield.

Absolutely!

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Outside of DellaValle, who has been consistent, it would be great to see these starting pitchers do well tonight. And Oviedo is just starting out at AA, so there is a steep learning curve involved.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It may be time for Fagalde(25) to be challenged at Springfield.

Absolutely!

Indeed gentlemen……. let us all include Alexander “The Great” in our prayers tonight, for a well deserved challenge to be extended his way very very soon.

bccran
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Can anyone find a reason why Schlesenger should still be in the system.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Bc, he has a good K rate but apart from that it seems he is on a fast track to a cut. He’s walking over 2 batters…per inning. Yikes.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow…22 runs scored in Peoria last night! It’s a crying shame that our Chiefs only owned 1 of those 22. I guess that happens when all 5 of your pitchers surrender at least 3 earned runs, including the last one (Shaw), who only went 1/3 of an inning. This Fab Five also couldn’t find home plate with the aid of Jacques Cousteau, as their 16 walks attest to. Gorman wore the collar yet once again as well.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

stlcard25 asked:

Have I missed any recent updates on Elehuris Montero? I thought that they said his injury was not considered to be serious, but he hasn’t played in quite a while.

Yes, this was covered by Derek Shore in the weekly Springfield report posted yesterday morning.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

14NyquisT said:

Good news is Roberts will be available by this weekend I believe.

Not sure how you count 50 games, but my assumption it is based on Palm Beach’s schedule. They have played 39 games to date.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I usually check every box score, but that Peoria score looked more like a football game, with Peoria somehow getting an extra point without a touchdown.

And I’ll have to admit I was wrong about Schlesener. I thought this would be a breakout year, but he can’t hit the broad side of a barn as they say. If he could somehow could get control he could be a LOOGY.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I had high hopes for Sam Tewes. But he seems to have all but disappeared.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Mudville, Tewes has been on the PB IL since opening day.

Pugs, Shaw isn’t even a pitcher lol. He’s a second baseman.

With the new 3 batter minimum rule the LOOGY will be become a thing of the past.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years