Minor league thread – Wed 4/24

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Minor league thread – Wed 4/24

This topic contains 15 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Brian Walton Brian Walton 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Memphis at Omaha – 6:35 pm CT, Harold Arauz (1-0, 9.00)
    Springfield vs. Amarillo – 11:10 am CT, Austin Warner (0-2, 7.11)
    Palm Beach vs. Jupiter – 6:30 pm ET, Angel Rondon (3-0, 2.30)
    Peoria vs. Quad Cities – 6:35 pm CT, Cole Aker (0-1, 11.42)

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Gregerson is on the anti-Holland rehab plan. He has thrown in nine minor league games already with two more reportedly still ahead. Nobody will be able to say they panicked and rushed him back.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t know of anyone who is wanting Gregerson back at all but perhaps his rehab success can translate into MLB success. Fingers crossed.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

So that makes O’Neil 0-for-7 in his two rehab games. He’s got one more scheduled rehab outing. Surely they won’t activate him if he’s still hitless, right? Right? Anyone?

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Who is this Justin Toerner? Career so far, .328 average, .437 OBP, even slugging an improved .536. Not bad for a 28th round pick. Drove in 11 runs in the leadoff spot for Palm Beach.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Like Brian said, Gregerson should fill a Gallegos role, unless he earns more pitching in more pressure situations. Like Waino, I hope he keeps proving me wrong.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

I like that Gregerson seems to have willingly accepted an extended rehab assingment instead of trying to rush back.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Nice seeing Gorman laying down a bunt to beat the shift.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Bad event in Springfield. Some nut job threw rocks at both of the Amarillo team buses and broke windshields on both but, thankfully, they got replaced before the series ended. Police caught the vandal who said he dislikes the San Diego Padres, the MLB team of the Amarillo Sod Poodles (still want to find out the origin of that name).

Gregerson doing well but how long can they keep him in the minors. I think the main problem is they don’t want to replace anybody on the Cardinals MLB pen at this time – seems like Miller could use a little tuneup time but that will never happen.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I’ve heard the Cards want Gregerson to throw two more times for Springfield. At that point, his rehab will be up to 11 games pitched.

Apparently, “Sod Poodles” is slang referring to the prevalent prairie dogs native to the area. That is what can result when a team turns its nickname over to fan voting.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

How long was Carlson’s HR? Wow!

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Not sure but if that was the one on top of the training facility it has lots of company up there. Looked like about 20 balls just laying there.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

How long will it be before Palm Beach and Springfield exchange some starters? First of all Kruczynski and Perez have been awful, with Meisner not far in front of them. Unless things change, I could see at some point in May, Perez getting released, and one or 2 names like Oviedo, Fagalde, and Rondon being promoted to Springfield. Perhaps waiting until the end of May when Roberts can pitch for Palm Beach. I think Parsons has earned a promotion from Peoria also, but would hate to see the Chiefs lose their ace.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Sadly, there are four pitchers on the Springfield roster with worse ERAs than Williams Perez. They include both Kruczynski and Meisner.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years