Minor league thread – Sun 5/19

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Minor league thread – Sun 5/19

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Avatar 14NyquisT 5 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Memphis at San Antonio, Jake Woodford (3-0, 1.74) 2:05 CT
    Springfield at NW Arkansas, Austin Warner (2-2, 4.26) 2:05 CT
    Palm Beach vs. Bradenton, Alex Fagalde (4-2, 2.76) 1:00 ET
    Peoria vs. Quad Cities, Cole Aker (0-2, 8.06) 2:05 CT

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Never heard of this Enmanual Solano. 20 year old righty, career 3.45 era in minors, Not a ton of strikeouts, lots of ground balls.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Good to see Montero continuing his solid streak from before the injury. Hope he can keep swinging a hot bat.

Bob Reed
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Since a terrible first week (4-27) Montero is batting .280/.345/.520.

And Dylan Carlson is now in the Texas League top 10 in homers and triples and doubles. I doubt if anyone else in any other league can make the same claim.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Can we end this charade and get Alexander “The Great” in a place where he’ll be challenged??? This is getting ridiculous!

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I knew you’d be all over this one, Pugs.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I wish our brass would get all over this long overdue promotion, Mudville, and put Fagalde on the next northbound train to Springfield…….or if they want to shorten that trip, Memphis.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I wish our brass would get all over this long overdue promotion, Mudville, and put Fagalde on the next northbound train to Springfield…….or if they want to shorten that trip, Memphis.

Amen!

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

How about the biggest surprise of the year, Brady Whalen? He plated 6 runs last night and now has more rbis than Gorman, 32 to 30.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I watched the replay of Springfield’s game… Montero’s shot was a pretty impressive one out to right. The announcers said it was wind aided, but it still was hit with authority. Carlson’s shot was from the right side as well, which is nice.

14NyquisT

Paid - Annual

Fagalde has nothing more to prove at Palm Beach. The 6’3″ 30th round draft pick in ’17 = pro career IP 188.1 with 189 Ks. He only had one hiccup on 4/27 at Fort Myers his other six starts. He pitches like a top-rounder and it will be interesting to see him pitch at AA Springfield.

Peoria starters Seijas or Cordero would be good choices to replace him at PB.

Cards27…. agree…. its close but Whalen is our biggest surprise of ’19, so far.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years