Minor league thread – Mon 5/14

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Minor league thread – Mon 5/14

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Memphis vs. Nashville (AM): Dakota Hudson
    Springfield at Tulsa: Connor Jones
    Palm Beach at Clearwater
    Peoria vs. Clinton: Alex Reyes

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Just in case anyone missed this previously…

ibruce
    Participant

2 Home Runs for Tyler O’Neil today. 13 for the year..

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hudson had six walks today but got out of it with only one run allowed. Pretty slick.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Peoria really needs to shore up that pitching staff and I’m not sure today’s moves will do that. Oviedo and Seijas appear to be busts as far as starting pitchers go. Maybe they could be converted into relievers? Anyway, for the team to have the 2nd best best offense in the Midwest League they have the 4th (or so) worst pitching staff.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

There was all that hype about how the Cardinals were going to be aggressive during the international signing period in 2016. Well they did overspend. But so far they have very little to show for it. It looks like the most promising signings were Adolis Garcia and Randy Arozorena, both outfielders. No pitchers are emerging yet, and no infielders.

Derek Shore
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Derek Shore
    Participant

Paid - Annual

UConn Card

Paid - Annual

Hudson escaped with only one run thanks to Mujica. Hudson walked his first three batters in the 6th & Mujica bailed him out.

Derek Shore
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Derek Shore
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Derek Shore
    Participant

Paid - Annual

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Reyes with a game score of 76…in five innings. Pretty sweet stuff, to get 12 Ks in 15 outs.

Derek Shore
    Participant

Paid - Annual

From Peoria PR:

“That’s 12!! 12 strikeouts in 5 innings. Check out these rehab lines in team history:

May 6, 2006 @KerryWood 5ip, 1h, 0r, 1bb, 1hbp, 12k
    May 14, 2018 @AlexReyes_67 5ip, 1h, 0r, 2bb, 12k

Both walk off the field to standing ovations.”

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Was on pace for a game score near the 105 range.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It’s been said that some who visit Peoria fall in love with the fair city…..and choose never to leave. What if Alex Reyes were one of these individuals. It’s a fairly true statement that “you can’t buy happiness”. This would be a heck of a way to lose your top prospect. But at the end of the day you would just have to tip your cap to him and wish him well. These things happen. As a kid, my Milwaukee Bucks had a real nice young player by the name of David Meyers. After a few years, he abruptly announced he was hanging them up….and he meant it. Having whiffed 12 batters in just 5 innings, you know Alex has got to be feeling a mile high right about now. Just to play if safe, the Cards may want to cut short Alex’s stay in Peoria.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

What was Reyes Velocity?

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

So Jesse Jenner the backup catcher for Springfield was placed on the restricted list today and then Granden Goetzman gets reassigned to Springfield from EST. I guess Chinea can play catcher as well but I found it odd they went that route. Any idea why Jenner was placed on the RL?

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Just keep Bill Walton away from Reyes!

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Reyes peaked at 99-100. Looked great, but it wasn’t exactly Rizzo and Bryant he was facing. Tougher tests ahead at Double-A and Triple-A should tell us more, but so far, so good.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Was anyone watching Oviedo? I wonder what his velocity is nowadays? Obviously the results aren’t very good.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I wonder what role Reyes will have? I was thinking an Andrew Miller type role, multiple innings, a bridge from the 4th/5th/6th to the closer almost. But after last night, I think he needs to start.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Strong performance by Jones at Springfield last night

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years