Minor league thread – Mon 4/15

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Minor league thread – Mon 4/15

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Avatar mudville 1 month ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Memphis at Round Rock (AM) – Jake Woodford
    Springfield vs. Tulsa – Williams Perez
    Palm Beach at Lakeland
    Peoria vs. Clinton – Dionis Zamora

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Based on the pitching schedule Palm Beach’s starter today should be Edgar Gonzalez.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Memphis’ offense making up for lost time. Up 10-2. ON the plus side Woodford pitched very well with 6 1/3 innings of 2 run ball. Edman, Ravelo, and Urias with home runs. ON the down side, Garcia has a platinum (I think) sombrero with 5/cinco K’s.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Thankfully for him JAG isn’t going to get another at bat, baring a complete failure of the bullpen. I’d hate for him to pick up a Horn. A platinum sombrero is bad enough.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Usually when your pitchers whiff 15 and surrender just 2 walks, your chances of victory are pretty darn good. But I guess Peoria’s opponent Clinton can thank Zamora and his never ending stream of grooved baseballs for that not coming to fruition for the Chiefs. 8-7 LumberKings your final with Gorman wearing the 0-4 collar.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Wow – Springfield has won 5 in a row. No losses at home yet and no wins on the road. Irving Lopez once again hit two homers his second being the deciding runs. Now if they could just keep all their games at home.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Lopez is a little older than a typical prospect, but might be pushing his way onto the radar. He’s been very solid at every level so far and if the pop is real, he might be in the mix to replace Wong after his contract runs out if they go that route.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Springfield’s manager looks a lot smarter this week than last. A winning streak can do that.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Good to see Nogowski with a big game for Memphis. His average is up to .321. Realistically he will probably never make it to St. Louis since first base is occupied for the next several years and even if Goldy went on the IL they would just slide Carpenter back over there. However, if Nogo continues to rake he may get a big league opportunity with another organization.

As a side note I read where there is an author from Tallahassee, FL by the the name of John Nogowski Sr. who has written some baseball books. I know Nogowski the baseball player played at Florida St. so it would make sense if they are related, perhaps father and son.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Yes, Nogowski’s home is Tallahassee.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I wonder why Tommy Parsons isn’t pitching. He’s pitched two shutout wins so far, although neither win was a complete game, of course, since complete games are apparently a thing of the past.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Mudville, Tommy is pitching today (Tuesday). This thread is from Monday.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

There we go. Thanks, BHC.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years