Minor League Game Thread – Week of Sept 20-26

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Minor League Game Thread – Week of Sept 20-26

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I know the strike outs light up the computers the same as eye popping numbers on the gun do. That said, Connor also gave up 6 hits and 4 walks in his 6 IP and has been allowing a ton of traffic on the base paths the last few weeks.

He, like many others, sped to AAA never having played above A level ball until this year, and he got hit around pretty good in the brief stint in AA this spring. I really do not understand what the organization is doing with this, and what happened to the guys a year or two further in who should be at AAA now rather than guys like Connor and Zack Thompson?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Liberatore had a nice outing for Memphis. I believe he should be ready for the rotation next year some time.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gorman has been icy cold this last week, going 2-21 with 8 Ks and only 2 walks. That’ll put a dent in his overall Memphis numbers, and is probably an indicator of the kind of player he is. I could see him in the Tyler O’Neill mold at the MLB level…weeks where he can carry an offense with his hot bat, and times when he looks pretty lost with the bat. Still, I think he ends up in St Louis by the end of May 2022.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Still, I think he (Gorman) ends up in St Louis by the end of May 2022.

In what role?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

In what role?

2B/DH. I’ve said it before but a platoon of Gorman and Edman at 2B gives you a likely above average bat what above average defense at that spot. This team still needs help against RHP. Gorman may not start out hot but he’s proven he can adjust at every level.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

When does the DSL season end?

UConn Card

Paid - Annual

Oct 2nd

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.