Minor League Game Thread – Week of Sept 13-19

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Minor League Game Thread – Week of Sept 13-19

Viewing 11 posts - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Haha! Heckling is not only time honored, but can also be very effective…

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

McGreevy is Springfield’s starter tonight. The game can be seen free.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Oh no, the hat came off!! He’s out of bccran’s top 5 now…

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

With Winn and Walker going to Arizona, I presume that we won’t see them bumped to Memphis for the last couple weeks?

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

I’m very curious what is going to happen with Moises Gomez, obviously a 23 year old in AA/AAA that hits 36 HR’s and has an OPS close to 1.000 has to be protected.

Trade bait or potential 2023 OF option? I have no clue if his glove is decent, but curious if anyone has eye test knowledge. The K % is the concerning issue in my opinion.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If I was another organization, I’d certainly be on the lookout for Cardinal position players in a trade. The Cards have given away a few for very little in the last several years. Gomez to me is another Adolis Garcia…it would be nice to get a bit more for him than we got for Garcia and Wisdom.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

stlcard25 asked:

With Winn and Walker going to Arizona, I presume that we won’t see them bumped to Memphis for the last couple weeks?

That is my understanding, yes.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

stlcard 25 wrote:

it would be nice to get a bit more for him than we got for Garcia and Wisdom.

Yeah, we traded Garcia for cash considerations and traded Wisdom for Drew Robinson. I would think Gomez would have higher trade value than that. Giving players away is poor asset management.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yeah, we traded Garcia for cash considerations and traded Wisdom for Drew Robinson. I would think Gomez would have higher trade value than that. Giving players away is poor asset management.

Yep…not the best. I’d think Gomez would have some more value than those two, although they won’t have too much leverage.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

People conveniently forget Wisdom’s long history after leaving StL. If anyone believed he was destined for a meaningful MLB career during any of this time, they are almost certainly lying – or are a family member or close friend.

Wisdom deserves a ton of credit for his perseverance, but criticizing the Cards for letting him go is way off base.

Designated for assignment, outrighted by Texas and unclaimed off waivers by the other 29 teams.
      Minor league free agent.
      Signed by Seattle.
      Designated for assignment, outrighted by Seattle and unclaimed off waivers by the other 29 teams.
      Released by Seattle.
      Signed to minors deal by Cubs.
      Designated for assignment, outrighted by Cubs and unclaimed off waivers by the other 29 teams.
      Free agent.
      Signed to minors deal by Cubs.
      Added to MLB roster.

That is at least six times that Wisdom was available to anyone.

Viewing 11 posts - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 25 years