Minor League Game Thread – Week of Sept 13-19

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Minor League Game Thread – Week of Sept 13-19

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Tink Hence is listed as the starter for tonight.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Gragg with back tô back Strong games. Hopefully he figured something out.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Palm Beach had their season end tonight. Two of the three hurlers gave up no runs, but inexplicably the Palm Beach manager went with one of his worst pitchers in between, who gave up three runs and took the loss.

On the telecast they said that Palm Beach went 15-4 down the stretch against St Lucie. It didn’t matter. Two of our minors teams are now done and one more will be done this weekend.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A nice way to finish for Graceffo. He allowed no runs in any of his September starts, with the K rate inching back toward what he did af Peoria. He’s definitely in consideration for a lofty ranking in the fall TCN voting, I reckon.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Graceffo is already no. 4 on the site Top 50.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Graceffo is already no. 4 on the site Top 50.

I was meaning when the community starts voting. I’m sure he will be highly ranked in both polls.

bccran
    Participant

Will you be honchoing the vote, 25? You did a great job last year.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

stlcard25, I know what you meant. I was sharing additional info for those community members who don’t subscribe so haven’t seen our monthly updated lists since last off-season. Back then, Graceffo was no. 17.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

blingboy
    Participant

A top prospect list should include a starter who put in a full year in the AAA rotation, answering the bell every time his name comes up, putting up a .780 win pct, keeping them off the base paths with a 1.133 WHIP and a .198 BA against over virtually a full year. But the hype cadets suck up all the oxygen despite unexciting results, a face plant upon arrival in AAA or the bigs, or specializing in IL stints.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Parsons has done well, but let’s put it into context…he’s older than Jack Flaherty and a year older than Jordan Hicks, who’ve been in the majors since 2018.

Whether you like it or not, projection is part of a top prospect list, which is why some younger guys get ranked higher despite results that might not be as sterling.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

It would be a lot easier to prepare prospect lists if one started with all the Triple-A standouts, then Double-A and so on, but over time, it wouldn’t be very accurate.

In the specific case of Parsons, he needs to earn a 40-man spot. It hasn’t happened yet and unless it does later, he will again be Rule 5 eligible this winter.

His only real flashy stat is 11 wins, which is not a particularly predictive measurement. His BABIP this season is .186 and his FIP is 6.07. That is a big part of why he isn’t ranked.

blingboy
    Participant

I agree projection is part of it. In the end though, a player has to stay on the field and produce results. As a minor league career progresses, that vital aspect can be projected with increasing accuracy, and should be factored in.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

… and it is …

blingboy
    Participant

By now everyone should know that if I can’t win an argument on merits I will try heckling.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 25 years