Minor League Game Thread – Week of July 12-18

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Minor League Game Thread – Week of July 12-18

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I love the young Dominican, Dionys Andry Rodriguez, and his 1-9 record, to spin a dandy tonight vs those upstart young Cubbies out of South Bend. Go get em, Dionys!

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Paniagua with 8IP, 8K’s, 1 hit, ZERO walks and no runs. Impressive outing once again!

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

14NyquisT
    Participant

Who slipped and didn’t select Paniaqua as player of the day? He only pitched the best game of the season in the organization.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Dionys Andry Rodriguez may need to revisit Palm Beach in hopes of righting the ship. His 6 K’s and 1 walk in his 5 innings of labor were perfectly acceptable, but boy, those 10 hits sure stood out like a sore thumb. The kid has a whale of potential. Let’s hope the organization can bring it to fruition.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

I was hoping to look at Connor Thomas’ splits and see much better numbers as a reliever, but in small sample sizes, he’s actually been better this year as a starter. Packy’s splits are unbelievable, which lead me to Thomas, Mo deserves a little credit on signing Packy the Naughty.

For easy reference:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.fcgi?id=naughpa01&year=2022&t=p

https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=thomas003con&type=pgl&year=2022

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Thursday’s #stlcards minors probables:

Mem at Nsh: RH Jake Woodford (0-2, 4.09)

Spr vs Tul: RH Kyle Leahy (5-6, 5.89)

Peo vs SB: RH Austin Love (5-7, 6.10)

PB vs. Lkl: RH Carlos Guarate (3-4, 3.62)

FCL/DSL: TBA

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hence with another gem. 8 Ks in 4 innings. He and Paniaugua need challenged with a level up. But I’m guessing they may like both being under closer watch in the complex area.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Lee
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Time to stop wasting Woodford in AAA. get him back up.! He totally dominated for 5 innings last night with 5 k’s, 0 walks and only 3 hits: all on only 73 pitches… could have easily gone 1-2 more inngs.!

14NyquisT
    Participant

C’mon in all fairness Irving Lopez was clearly the player of the day. 4-5 3R 3RBI 2B HR BB. A little less favoritism here would be nice to see.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

It is fun to compare stats and discuss the impact of the Players of the Day candidates on their game outcome. The article’s author makes the choice. I only very, very rarely question them. I don’t know the specifics of the thought process to select Winn over Lopez but I surely don’t know why that would be driven by “favoritism”. It is almost certainly no more than a different point of view.

FWIW, Lopez was profiled as one of the “Hot” Redbirds in the Memphis Notebook posted later today.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

bccran
    Participant

LV Jones is someone to watch. He’s coming on strong.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Walker and Winn are both starting for the NL tonight. However unless you pay to subscribe to the Peacock Network, you cannot watch the game live. It will be replayed on MLB Network on Sunday morning.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Did you guys see that Masyn Wynn unleashed a 100 MPH throw from short? Faster than the MLB record of 97+ That O’Neill Cruz flashed this past week.

Within two years, Edman and Sosa will be sent away for either MLB help or prospects as Gorman and Wynn are the future DP combo. Oh and DeJong? Forget about it. He won’t be in the organization past this year.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Can anyone explain why Gragg was with a save in the SPFD game coming in bases empty and a 10 rum lead?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The Winn throw video is included here.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

CC, a pitcher can earn a save by pitching 3 innings or more, and finish the game, no matter the score.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.