Minor League Game Thread – Week of August 9-15

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Minor League Game Thread – Week of August 9-15

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Palm Beach won, 6-4.

cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

Matt Koperniak just hit for the cycle for Springfield!

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Forgot to note that Jack Flaherty will be the opener for Memphis tonight.

PadsFS
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yepez rehabbed yesterday too. That’s good to see.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Tink Hence could pass for Prince’s son. Wonder if he has a little red Corvette?

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Springfield is teeing off on Amarillo tonight. Of course, with a name like the Sod Poodles, they sort of deserve it. Springfield hit 4 homers in the top of the 7th. Chandler Redmond hit a homer in the 5th, 6th and 7th innings.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Chandler Redmond has actually hit for the home run cycle tonight.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Four consecutive innings for Chandler Redmond…and one each of a solo, two run, three run and grand slam. There has to be some sort of record in there.

I’d imagine that about sews up the player of the day for him.

bccran
    Participant

Redmond has 11 RBI tonight. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Four consecutive innings for Chandler Redmond…and one each of a solo, two run, three run and grand slam. There has to be some sort of record in there.

I’d imagine that about sews up the player of the day for him.

Its only the 2nd known time in professional baseball history that it’s happened. Its also the Springfield record for homers and RBI in a game.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Redmond raised his OPS from .745 to 813 in one night. Unusual to be able to do that this late in the season.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I bet if one checked, they would discover that Chandler Redmond had his new sizzling red hot girlfriend in attendance for this historic game. He had to have had. He certainly picked up points with her…….along with just about any worthwhile offensive stat you could think of.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I guess Flaherty got rained out.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Masyn Winn has come on lately…5 doubles and 4 homers in the last two weeks, with an OPS over 1.000. The Springfield season ends 10 days before Memphis…any chance we see Winn or Walker bump up in September?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Not this year, stlcard25……not going to happen.

cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

I think he meant bump up to Memphis, Pugs. I could see that happening after AA season is done.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yep, the Memphis bump was what I meant. I think Walker in particular actually has a fairly clear path to PT in the St Louis OF next year. If he tears it up in spring training, he could pull a Pujols and join the Cards OF at 21 years old. Winn likely will need some time at Memphis, but the glove and base running are probably major league ready. But that’ll give the Cards time to sort out the middle infield a bit and see if Dejong is for real or Gorman can truly handle 2B longer term. Edman is the one known commodity.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Memphis’ starters tonight are Jack Flaherty and Connor Thomas.

(Coincidentally, I discussed the possible late season Memphis promotions (plus AFL invites perhaps) on my podcast with Danny Mac yesterday.)

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This is all Alex Reyes redux. I should preface this by stating the obvious; these injuries to Reyes and Flaherty are not their faults. But as fans of this team, it’s so darn frustrating to have two such wonderful pitching talents in your midst and yet they cannot stay on the field of play. It’s hard to believe that Reyes is going to be 28 years of age in a couple of weeks. Not old, but certainly starting to get up there in years as a professional athlete. Especially if significant injuries are a way of life for you. So what do you do with them? I’m ready to give up on Reyes. It’s too early to send Flaherty down the road, but he appears to be following in Reyes’ footprints from a reliability standpoint.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.