Minor League Game Thread – Wednesday, May 5

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Minor League Game Thread – Wednesday, May 5

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Memphis vs. Durham: Miles Mikolas MLB rehab
    Springfield vs. Wichita: Andre Pallante
    Peoria at Cedar Rapids: Jack Ralston
    Palm Beach vs. Daytona (day game): Levi Prater

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pallantes walk and opposite field home run given up were the major blemish on his 3 innings. But he did hit 97 on the gun, and struck out 7. I have always thought the pitchers drafted in 2019 might be better than average. Another 2019 draftee Ralston had a good 3 inning outing for Peoria.

Another pitcher who looked good was Junior Fernandez. Hit 98 on the gun, and struck out the side.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Looks like the minors teams managed a golden sombrero last night…0-4.

Nolan Gorman was 0-4 to start his year 0-8 with 4 Ks. Hopefully he gets his bat sorted out soon.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Jack “Ricochet” Ralston’s outing was decent, Cardinals27. Jack was the only Chiefs hurler(4) last night who did not surrender an earned run. But he did commit a couple throwing errors on pickoff attempts, which led to a run scoring. Which leads to this perplexing question: If the pitcher’s error results in a run scoring, why would that not be considered an earned run? He was the responsible party. An encouraging night for Malcom Nunez, as he demonstrated some plate discipline, going 1-3 with no whiffs and coaxing 2 free passes.

bccran
    Participant

Multi-hit games –

Yepez
    Donovan
    Burleson (HR)
    Richardson
    Longa
    Jones (I like him)

Prater had a good start with 6 Ks in 3 1/3 innings.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I really like Pallante. He has the pitches to be more than a backend starter. I wish I could have seen Prater, but Palm Beach has no video. As Pugs mentioned about Ralston’s throwing errors, but he wasn’t alone. I believe there were 4 throwing errors by pitchers last nighty alone. Reminded me of the Tigers pitchers in the 2006 World Series.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years