Minor League Game Thread – Sunday, May 9

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Minor League Game Thread – Sunday, May 9

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Memphis vs. Durham: Johan Oviedo 2:05
    Springfield vs. Wichita: Domingo Robles 6:05
    Peoria at Cedar Rapids (2): Nathanael Heredia, Ian Bedell 2:05
    Palm Beach vs. Daytona: Nick Trogrlic-Iverson 11:00 a.m.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well the first week of the milb season literally couldn’t have gone any worse for the Cardinal affiliates. I know it is just one week but what the heck is going on?

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Palm Beach 2-4
    Peoria 1-5
    Springfield 1-4, trailing in the 7th tonight
    Memphis 1-5

I dunno if there’s a way to find aggregate affiliate records but our current 5-18 record must be the worst in the majors. Even a win tonight from Springfield would only give us a .250 overall win percentage.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Good to see Walsh being stretched out. 3 perfect innings, 5 Ks. He looked unhittable.

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Now 5-19. And I see very little star power in the lineups. Palm Beach somewhat promishing but still a lot of guys that you just don’t ever see getting close to the major leagues. Pitching below AAA worse than position players. Hard to see us a #12 system.

Of course, we may have just hit a very strong set of opponents so far.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It’s way too early to assess things. I believe Durham, Cedar Rapids, Wichita, and Daytona were off to hot starts, with Durham being a very talented team. The Peoria team is very inexperienced with their pitchers issuing 44 walks in 6 games. I still believe Memphis’ starting pitching will be good, despite the rocky start.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years