May slumps

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Brian Walton Brian Walton 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Here are their last 30 days numbers of our starters:

Bader .340
    JMart .286
    Yadi .270, 16 rbis
    Dejong ,261, 14 rbis
    Fowler .237, 7 rbis
    Goldschmidt ,235, 5 rbis
    Carp .211
    Gyorko ,207
    Wong .205
    Ozuna .204, 24 rbis

Flaherty 3.34 ERA
    Hudson 3.45
    Mikolas 4.59
    Wainright 5,60
    Wacha 6.39

These numbers are brutal!!

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

CLearly, Goldschmidt results are very disappointing. Obviously Bader needs to play more. I wish we could have Thomas get some playing time in right because Fowler is not a run producer. And at what point do we replace Waino?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We don’t have a worry in the world…………. Carp is due to go on his rampage any time now. I think you need to seriously look into pulling off a blockbuster trade. Yeah there’s a little bit of panic in that thinking, but that’s what this has come to, thanks to their under-achieving play. Something needs to be done to shake these 25 up. Stand pat and we’ll be arm & arm with the Reds right thru August.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Well, I think the answer to this May dilemma is quite simple. First we need to do something about our pitching. Then we need to improve our hitting. That done, we should start to win more ballgames. N’est-ce pas?

NJ315
    Participant

Where’s the salsa?

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Exclusively at Schnucks.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years