Leonardo Bernal

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Leonardo Bernal

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

At #18 on the top prospects list is 18 year old catcher Leonardo Bernal. Saw just a little game action with him and he catches your eye defensively. Quick reaction and hands. Also seems to have some pop at the plate, strikes out about 20% of the time and rarely walks. OPS near 800.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bernal is very interesting prospect. He has made very good progress for an 18 year old.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Leonardo Abdiel Bernal……an interesting and intriguing catching prospect indeed, Sooner and Cardinals27. I’ve had my eye on this young Panamanian, who does not turn 19 until mere days prior to spring training 2023, down at Palm Beach. Great instincts and trust me when I say “there’s some pop in this kid’s bat”. I can’t wait to see LAB (Leonardo Abdiel Bernal) in Peoria next season.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Not too many Leonardo’s have played MLB – in fact, not sure any have. When I hear the name Leonardo, I think more of an artsy-type guy, not an athlete.

Glad to hear there is some good potential to this kid. We will need a good catcher soon – heck we could use one now, although I kinda think Yadi is going to join his fellow seniors in defying time and have a strong final six weeks.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I can’t think of a player named Leonardo. But there are a couple of Leonards that come to mind, one is the ill-fated Lenny Dykstra whose full name is Leonard Kyle Dykstra, and another is our own LJ Jones III whose full name is Leonard Charles Jones III.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

According tô fangraphs there have been 10 minor leaguers named Leandro but no Major leaguers

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Leonardo Chapman 1B-3B had 43 PAs for the Baltimore Giants of the Negro National League in 1944. In 2020, that League was recognized as a Major League by MLB. .184/.244/.237/.481

A photo and brief bio
    https:
    //en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonardo_Chapman

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

One of my personal favorites is prospect/suspect Leonardo Taveras. He reminds me of Freddy Pacheco. If he only had control.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.