Junior Fernandez

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Junior Fernandez

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Brian, we agree. I was referring to Mejia. His week-long employment with the Cards and subsequent promotion for Fernandez now makes it look like they were throwing darts in the dark. You said his poor numbers preceded him and that’s what I meant when I said low-probability (as in low chance of success).

Maybe it’s a rush, but I (like many) will be interesting in seeing Fernandez and have hope he might actually provide some valuable depth if they Cards can stay close.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Thank you for the clarification. We do agree!

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Finally a move I can get behind. Fernandez has more than earned this. As of now, Webb is the only weak link.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It’s amazing the FO can make sense.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I really felt Mayers would not be claimed by any team. HIs track record has nothing saying he is more than AAAA.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

If Webb is the weak link, what does that say about Miller? When looking at their stats and peripherals there is an argument that Webb is having a better season than Miller.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If Webb is the weak link, what does that say about Miller? When looking at their stats and peripherals there is an argument that Webb is having a better season than Miller.

Miller’s terrible April has weighed down his entire season. Since then he’s been solid to very good…2.81 ERA, .207 average allowed, 34.9% K rate, 8.7% BB rate. Not vintage Miller but it’s there in streaks. Webb has been acceptable as an end of the bullpen guy and that’s about it.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Miller is much more valuable than Webb. His K rate is very high, and while I hoped for better results overall, he has improved as the season has went on.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It will be interesting at some point when Cabrera reaches his innings threshold and could replace Webb as the second lefty in the pen. 96 to 100 mph will be quite common from our pen. And hopefully HIcks comes back healthy, and CMart goes back to starting next year. Obviously, HIcks will hopefully come back by July or August 2020.

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.