Jose Rondon Non-Tendered

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Jose Rondon Non-Tendered

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This decision seems a bad idea. 3 free roster spots seems to be enough. Kind of surprised Quezada survived being outrighted. He has potential, but had a poor 2021.

1982 willie
    Participant

I like rondon but I’m ok with this move.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Rondon was a decent bench bat but his glove was a little rough. He is replaceable.

PadsFS
    Participant

He is kind of pointless if you have Edman, Sosa, and DeJong all healthy.

I think this means they just like Anderson Tejeda better really. With the potential DH coming, you should only have one MI bench guy.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Rondon accumulated 90 PA’s during 2021, 56 vs RHP’s and 34 vs LHP’s.

Rondons’ 25 OPS+ from last season vs righties, may be an example of the FO’s stated goal to improve vs RHP’s, next season.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Similar thoughts on Rondon. I liked what I saw of him in limited appearances, but not sure he would get much of a shot here. I just don’t want to see him on the Cubs going all “Patrick Wisdom” on us.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Well looks like we have some clues on why he wasn’t tendered despite his success last season

1982 willie
    Participant

Well now we know the rest of the story

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

sjeff70 posted this on another thread:

So I guess Jose Rondon was caught cheating and got an 80-day suspension. They should have mentioned it during the post game somewhere or maybe they did when I’d gone to the head, I don’t know. I don’t think the Cardinals should ignore this sort of news in hopes none of the fans find out about it.

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/baseball/mlb/player/20684/jose-rondon

In the book ‘Baseball Cop’ the author says that 20-30% of players are still using.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.