Jordan Hicks

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Jordan Hicks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Any word on his progress? Has he fully recovered and ready for Spring Training at 100%? Assuming there is a Spring Training, of course.

r/Esteemed Rat

Participant

Paid - Monthly

I think he was ready by the time the season started last year. He just opted out because of the virus and his being high risk because of diabetes.

Participant

Paid - Three Months

He had a set back in spring and is far from a sure thing.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

There was no ongoing concern about Hicks. He could have pitched in 2020 if not for COVID concern.

Last month, Mo told us that Hicks will enter camp on a regular schedule to have a normal spring training.

Participant

Paid - Three Months

That is great news. My concern would be Hicks might push too hard if competing with Rosie. Plus, a Rosenthal signing would minimize the value of Gallegos.
    I would like to see Reyes in the rotation. I know we love Adam, Gomber, and CMart, but I think Reyes falls in behind KK and ahead of Miles. Adam at five with Gomber and CMart to the pen.
    Hicks and CMart are a different dynamic than Jordan and Trevor.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I’d be surprised if the Cardinals bring in more relievers. A starter if not Waino, maybe.

Participant

Paid - Three Months

The pitching depth is amazing with or without Waino. I add in Adam whenever I consider the rotation.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I should have said, “with the current roster”. On the other hand, if they trade away some pitching depth to get offense, that could change their potential posture on free agent pitchers (my speculation).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years