Future defensive prospects

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Future defensive prospects

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar Cardinals27 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I thought it interesting to look into the top defensive prospects at each position in our minor league system. I will put my list here, and please share your thoughts on players I amy have missed.

C- Kelly- He won a minor league gold glove, so that speaks volumes

C- Ortega- He seems very advanced defensively. Saw him play, and he reminded me of when Molina and Pujols back in the day trying to pick off baserunners.

1B- Coming up with a blank here?? Anyone?

!B- Maybe Ravelo?

2B Sosa- His possible future postion.

SS- Ascanio- I was very impressed watching him play. Looked very smooth, and had good range.

SS- Perez- From all reports he is advanced defsively, but can he hit?

3B- Mendoza- Got accolades from BA for his defense. If he could just tap into some power.

3B- Nunez- Tried not taking any DSL players here, but his numbers look very solid defensively.

3B- Wisdom- I like what I have seen at the end of this season. I believe he might be the best defender we have at 3rd on the roster.

OF- Thomas- I was thinking he won accolades from Baseball America as a plus defender in center. And what Memphis games I saw he looked very solid.

Of- Ad Garcia- His speed and throwing arm are great assets. It was refreshing seeing baserunners not take extra base liberties like they did with Fowler or Martinez in right. Also, bot really sure why he got called up and rarely used, but that is a whole other story.

OF- Pinder- I have seen others post good things about his defense.

OF- Drake- Very good defense. If he could only hit.

• This topic was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by Avatar Cardinals27.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years