Four Players Optioned Out

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Four Players Optioned Out

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Carioca will again be in mourning… 😉

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice to see some baseball news again, even if it’s just a little respite. None of those guys were really expected to make the 25 man but maybe will be up if baseball is played this season.

Participant

Paid - Annual

If they wanted to, could they option out Flaherty until baseball resumes? Obvious service manipulation that would ruffle a lot of feathers..

Participant

Paid - Annual

From VEB on the roster analysis: he gives a shout out to Brian Walton from right here on The Cardinal Nation who keeps us totally informed by any roster moves.

In my last transaction article, I noted the confusion behind the number of Cardinal players left in spring camp, thinking that the Cardinals might have made a mistake on Twitter, when they announced that only 57 players were left in camp. As it turned out, the Cardinals had at some prior date assigned catchers Aaron Antonini and Pedro Pages to minor league camp without officially announcing it to anyone. Hat tip to Brian Walton, who uncovered the discrepancy on his Cardinal Nation website in his roster matrix.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Thanks for the news, Ny. I had not seen that.

Actually, I pointed the discrepancy out almost two weeks ago in the free article below. The Roster Matrix was also updated shortly after.

FWIW, the VEB guy has the right total, 57, but has the 40-man and NRI split off by one. (Says the attention to detail guy…)

(P.S. I wish he had gotten our name right. Has anyone ever gone to cardinalnation.com by mistake? The dude who sells t-shirts there a long, long time ago threatened to sue me over the site name. He should thank me instead for all the erroneous traffic he gets. I do wonder if he sells enough to keep his site going. Apparently so.)

Cardinals Make First Cuts of 2020, Release Muñoz

Participant

Paid - Annual

Pretty set for position players. Still wide open on the pitching whenever the season starts.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Free

27, service time is during the season, no-one is accumulating service days currently, they’re supposed to be in ST still. Optioning Jack down now doesn’t manipulate his time.

Participant

Paid - Annual

27, service time is during the season, no-one is accumulating service days currently, they’re supposed to be in ST still. Optioning Jack down now doesn’t manipulate his time.

Not to mention the fact that Jack’s head would probably explode if that happened.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Sending Dean out signals to me that Ravelo will be on the opening day roster.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Same here. But I don’t think Dean will spend much time in Memphis before getting called up. The only unanswered question regarding Dean that I can think of is ‘Why did the Marlins let him go?’

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

mud asked:

The only unanswered question regarding Dean that I can think of is ‘Why did the Marlins let him go?’

Why did they let go a 26-year old go who has mostly struggled over his first 300 MLB plate appearances?

Probably the same reason some folks right here want to give up on O’Neill yesterday.

Well, that and the fact the Miami farm system is loaded with young OF prospects…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years