Corey Dickerson free agent signing

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Corey Dickerson free agent signing

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

sigh still going after the bottom of the barrel players…

Oliver
    Participant

Free

Dickerson is not a bad signing. I don’t think is a bottom barrel player at all.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Here’s the money. Looks like an ideal 4th OF to me. Not good for Lars, though they needed depth.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

Seems like a good sign.

Houstonlarry24
    Participant

Free

I like the signing as we need another OF player when the usual injuries set in. Career .286 hitter and a LH bat. Good job MO and it’s rare when I complement him.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Noot is not happy right now, regardless of whatever he says to a reporter. Probably 6 green beers in by now.

Nigel T
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Noot could be on his way to Oakland, so things certainly could get worse for him.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think this trade does make sense. If you really need a hit from your DH, who would you rather have at the plate, a 32 year old veteran with a pretty good track record, or a rookie? I hope Nootbaar does well at Memphis. His enthusiastic play has already made him something of a fan favorite. He’ll get some major league AB’s in 2022.

This acquisition tells me that the front office is seriously gearing up for a championship run. They didn’t have to add an additional $5M+ to an already rather bloated payroll. They’re definitely counting on their fans showing up.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This is a good signing. The Cardinals have indicated all along they were interested in a veteran, cheapish LH bat to take some DH AB‘s. Dickerson is better than Moran.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Is this the new Centerfielder? Lol.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

mud said:

They didn’t have to add an additional $5M+ to an already rather bloated payroll.

I agree with the first part, but the second? As detailed on another thread this morning, the 2022 Cardinals payroll is $25 million under the 2021 Cardinals and ranks 12th in MLB. How is that rather bloated? You must have a very different point of reference…

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Not really a very exciting pickup, but he will provide some depth. He’s not much of a power hitter anymore and should never really be facing a lefty, but he will be emergency depth and ok as a pinch hitter.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A ok signing. Defense has backslid so not sure he’s a regular player but as a dh may be good. Though I was kind of hoping the young guys might get some of those bats. Overall I give it a c minus. We already have a lot of outfielders but the left handed part is good

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

LH veteran bench depth, about what we expected. Hopefully this helps keep Edman on the infield.

Jbrodie7
    Participant

Free

Have i missed something… what is the relationship between Nootbar and Oakland?

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I have always liked him. Tough out. Just hope he hasn’t had his last good year.

If Bader falters he can go to left field and O’Neill or Carlson to center. May be a way to go against the tough left handed pitchers.

bccran
    Participant

Good contact hitter. Like it.

Nigel T
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Oakland has two starters in our price range and Nootbar, Sosa, Burleson, Yepez, and Baker represent potential pieces.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Also we’ve had dealing with Oakland in the past. Seems like a front office we like dealing with for a few seasons.

bccran
    Participant

Here was his slash line against RHP in the last normal, pre-pandemic season (2019) – .313/.355/.587/.942. He has the potential to be an outstanding pickup.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Spending $5M on a bench player is highly un-Cardinals-like, but I guess the DH changes the landscape.

I agree that Mo will be looking for a starter.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

bb said:

Spending $5M on a bench player is highly un-Cardinals-like…

Hah! That is a bargain compared to Matt Carpenter at $19.5MM. 😉

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.