Cole Hamels

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

I’m guessing the Cardinals will be at this Showcase on Friday to see if Hamels has anything left in the tank. Not sure how much he would cost, but if he is healthy and built up to start, let’s grab him!

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

No thanks

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Not so hasty, Rat. If there’s even 1/16th left in Hamels’ tank, you almost have to put pedal to metal and take it for a ride. But only for contenders. That first series vs Frisco will be my determiner. If our Birds are able to repel SF’s aggression, after what we just did to them in their park, you just never know….maybe you don’t throw in the towel yet.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

You have to offer him a contract if he looks decent. I’m not sure how many teams would want him, but our team may not be among those he is interested in. I can’t see why he wouldn’t want a Cubs reunion more.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Cubs are not in any better shape than we are. They are probably about to start shipping off pieces unless they come blazing out of the gates against the lowly Dbacks. I would imagine Hamels would prefer to sign with a team that has a legit chance for the playoffs. Red Sox, White Sox, A’s, Padres, Giants, etc…

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I wonder how the workout turned out?

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

What happened to Hamels? Did he retire?

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I would prefer Happ or Lester. Those guys seemed to do much better once coming to St Louis.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t think Hamels has officially retired yet but he has only pitched 3 innings in the last two years. Maybe someone will give him a spring training invite in 2022 if he wants to play.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years