Brett Cecil injured

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Brett Cecil injured

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Officially right hamstring injury.

Participant

Free

They’re dropping like flys

Participant

Paid - Annual

Depending on the severity of this injury, Gomber or Cabrera may make the team as relievers.

Participant

Paid - Annual

This is the kind of injury that could take a pitcher three months to come back from. At least we won’t have to worry about Cecil ruining the season by single-handedly pissing away several games.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Cecil is one of the worst signings in the long term history of the Cardinals. He and Fowler probably the two worst in my recollection, and I’ve been following this Cardinals since the early 1950s.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Why do I have the feeling Cecil will be on the IL most if not all season? Probably nothing more than bad luck for him but also convenient for the team in that they don’t have to make a tough judgement call.

thejagerthejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

if it is really bad we can 60day DL him…which would open up another 40man spot…one for Whitley and one eventually for Carlson….

wait…do we already have 2 with Munoz gone? so this would be 3?

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Free

GS, I don’t know if they have insurance on Cecils contract or not, but if they do, the IL is their best shot at reclaiming $. If knowing salary is due to be repaid, wouldn’t that help the deadline funds?

Participant

Free

well doesn’t surprise me and it really doesn’t bother me. With all these injuries, this isn’t looking good for the season though it seems like commonplace now.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

gscottar said:

Why do I have the feeling Cecil will be on the IL most if not all season? Probably nothing more than bad luck for him but also convenient for the team in that they don’t have to make a tough judgement call.

Well, a season-ending hamstring injury in March would be rare. We aren’t talking about his arm here.

Cecil has been fine this spring. Three of four outings scoreless plus today he struck out his first batter before being injured. My money says he would have been on the roster if it would have had to be set this morning.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

jager asked:

wait…do we already have 2 with Munoz gone? so this would be 3?

No. The 40-man roster was full before Munoz was released. (The Roster Matrix can be a resource to quickly check.)

Participant

Free

Old Yeller comes to mind.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Cecil has hyrdrophobia? Would euthanasia void the insurance?

Participant

Paid - Annual

Ouch.

Participant

Paid - Annual

If knowing salary is due to be repaid, wouldn’t that help the deadline funds?

JJ, in theory that is true but I can’t remember the last time we did anything significant at the deadline.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

JJ, in theory that is true but I can’t remember the last time we did anything significant at the deadline.

John Lackey/Allen Craig trade??

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Free

Voit for Gallegos too, but overall GS is correct about a lack of a significant acquisition in recent seasons.

When we missed the postseason for three seasons, players like Cabrera, Ramirez, Williams and O’Neill were all part of deadline deals knowing their value would be future. Hopefully we will be in a position to warrant a significant acquisition, with immediate impact, at deadlines going forward.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I would hope so but I am under the impression that the Cardinals have married themselves to their self imposed payroll restrictions for the next two seasons, therefore, I am not expecting many moves at all, if any.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years