Andrew Miller injury

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Andrew Miller injury

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cabrera, Webb and Cecil have to be ready in case he’s delayed. The first two may be better than Miller already, anyway.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This is not good news no matter how you spin it. Not hurting is good and all but not everything hurts when it is broken or wrong.

I don’t like nerve problems

I assumed Miller’s option would vest, but if he has a serious problem we need to seriously consider that this is his last year.

PadsFS
    Participant

Paid - Annual

stlcard25
    Participant

Cabrera, Webb and Cecil have to be ready in case he’s delayed. The first two may be better than Miller already, anyway.

If you look up how much Miller pitched in medium-to-high leverage situations comparted to Webb, it’s almost directly the inverse of Webb’s low leverage situation usage. Miller is vitally important to our success this year.

With Mikolas out, Carlos Martinez (most likely) won’t be in the bullpen either. Therefore, we are going to be relying on guys like Brebbia, Gallegos, Webb, Gant, and Poncedeleon to carry the load, which isn’t exactly a murderers’ row of options. I think they all had career years’ last season.

I am personally more worried about the bullpen than any other aspect of our team in the sense that I think the outfield, starters, and infield can all put up a ‘floor’ level of average production. The bullpen can go downhill real fast. With Hicks still out too, I really hope Junior Fernandez, Alex Reyes, Ryan Helsley, and Genesis Cabrera can take on bigger roles.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Any news on Millers injury/ lack of feeling? He is very important given that Webb and Cecil and Webb are his backups. IMO, if this trouble persists it comes down to either keeping Cabrera in the pen, or using Cecil in more high leverage situations (ugh).

Cardfan7791
    Participant

Free

Our pen needs Miller to be Miller. It already feels like we’re piecing some things together. I think Helsley and Cabrera are poised to take bigger roles. Alex Reyes, if he remains healthy, could come out big for us this year when we need him most. We’ll get Hicks back at some point. I think the biggest worry will be April and May when we may need to rely on the pen a little more. Some guys are going to have to take a step up(here’s hoping they do), or the later innings could get ugly real fast.

UncleDenny
    Participant

This sounds like same injury Dominic Leone had.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Miller completed a bullpen session Wednesday and said afterward that he hopes to accelerate the pace of his rehab program in the coming days, Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports.

Miller indicated that he’s feeling better physically, even though he has yet to receive a precise diagnosis for the arm issue that first surfaced last week. The reliever at least seems confident that he’s not dealing with anything significant, as he recently underwent both blood testing and an MRI that ruled out conditions such as a brain tumor, carpal tunnel syndrome and thoracic outlet syndrome, per Mark Saxon of The Athletic. He’s still expected to begin the season on the injured list, though Miller could still be ready to join the Cardinals bullpen at some point in April.

(from CBS)

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/cardinals-andrew-miller-feeling-good-after-multiple-tests/

Bob Reed
    Participant

Free

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years