A major loss for our community

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum A major loss for our community

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I am very sorry to have to share the news that Minuteman3 passed away early on the morning of November 23 of respiratory failure. His wife wants you all to know that he dearly loved the Cardinals and interacting with you on this forum. I assured her that he has already been missed and will be even more so in the future.

UConn CardUConn Card

Paid - Annual

What sad news. So very sorry for his family, loved ones and friends. He will be missed.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That’s very sad to hear. I will be praying for his wife and family. His last post here was a very good one. I will miss bantering with him about the Cards and his gripes about the announcers. Godspeed, MM3!!

Participant

Paid - Annual

That is terrible news. I hate to hear it. He was a great poster.

Participant

Free

I always enjoyed reading MM3’s posts. He and I shared a lot of old fashioned ideas and outlooks on baseball, not to mention our views on the guys in the booth. I’m so sorry he’s gone.

Participant

Free

So sorry to hear. A difficult year and time of year for it to happen. Thoughts and prayers for his loved ones and friends. He will indeed be missed.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yes, a major loss. RIP MM3

Participant

Paid - Annual

One thing was very clear about MM3 was his passion and love of the Cardinals. RIP

Participant

Paid - Three Months

Very sad to hear of MM3’s passing. Prayers for his family. RIH

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Any chance we could see the obituary?

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

RIP MM3! We didn’t always get along but I enjoyed our back-and-forth bantering and I will you dearly.

My heart aches for his family. Thank you Brian for sharing this news.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Very sorry to see this thread. Was hoping MM3 was just taking a break during the off season. I enjoyed our few USAF chats as much as the baseball chatter. It always happens too quickly, but I bet MM3 got and gave his money’s worth on his pass through this world. RIP wishes to a fellow Airman and Cards fan.

For Mrs. MM3: Certainly it is a difficult time. Prayers and thoughts for you and your family.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Bon voyage, my friend.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Sorry to hear of MM3’s passing. He was a great Cardinal fan and poster. It was always fun to tease him about his gripes on the announcers. He made it clear he did not care for any of them, with the possible exception of Jim Edmonds.

He also was very honest about his health, and knowing he was struggling in that area made Cardinal baseball and all of our camaraderie here on the forum even more important to him.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family. If we made the latter stages of his life just a little better, then that is what it is all about.

Godspeed my friend!

Participant

I hope that MM’s last days found some comfort here at the place that he loved to read, comment and argue with the posters above who will truly feel a loss. I always read his comments with enjoyment and I’ll miss him.

His last post (below) shows his love for the Cardinals, his love for his fellow man/woman and his love for his country and all of mankind… he was that type of guy. I remember reading this particular post and feeling some admiration for him. Posts like this will be missed by all of us…. he spoke from his heart.

November 8, 2020 at 8:15 am in reply to: COVID19 Virus vs Baseball #146957
    Minuteman3

Tired of all the election noise? Bored by the lack of any baseball news? Looking for something to challenge your mind? Well, I started this thread on March 5, 2020, a bit over 8 months ago, and today I was scanning over TCN looking for something I might have missed and decided to read through this thread again. You know there are a lot of meaningful posts over these 48 pages and more than 1100 posts. Some are truly insightful and others are downright silly but you can see in most all of them a bit of fear that this virus is nothing to overlook. Even young folk who are supposed to be the least likely to die from it still have a fear shown in some of their posts. Let’s keep that attitude and beat this bug right back into the ground. God Bless America. In this case some might say God Bless the World.

My regards to his loved-ones. I would have loved to have spoken with MM3 in person. Damn this vile curse.

thejagerthejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

very nice post Nyquist, i was just thinking that was the last post of his i read…

This is all so sad to hear, truly a big loss for us. MM was a good one, didnt always agree and that was what made him great

Thoughts are with him and his family and friends.

If it was possible for the board to send flowers could that be arranged?

Participant

Paid - Annual

Thoughts and prayers to the family of MM3. He will be missed on this board.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years