2023 StL Game #111: Friday, August 4 vs. Rockies

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2023 StL Game #111: Friday, August 4 vs. Rockies

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

7:15 p.m.
    RHP Adam Wainwright (3-5, 7.18) vs. RHP Chris Flexen (0-5, 8.08)
    BSM // KMOX // WIJR
    (and Bally Sports South/Southwest)

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Well, if there is a team the Wainwright can beat the Rockies, Royals, and A’s would be it.

Cards should win this one something like 17-8

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Won’t be watching the weekend series as the games are blacked out for me, and I do not have cable. My tune in from old school way and dial in the Rockies radio broadcast on my AM radio.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

CF L. Nootbaar L
    1B P. Goldschmidt R
    2B Nolan Gorman L
    3B N. Arenado R
    C W. Contreras R
    LF T. O’Neill R
    RF J. Walker R
    DH A. Burleson L
    SS Tommy Edman S

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It looks like the ‘A’ team will be out there tonight for Waino, including the pen ‘A’ team rested and ready.

We’re going to have authentic ballpark fare for did din. Griddle cooked jumbo ballpark dogs with kraut, and chili cheese fries with canned chili and melted cheeze wiz from a spray can like the pine tar. And cold frosty Yuengling. Ice cream sandwiches for desert.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Haha!…Be sure not to get those two cans mixed up, Bilng. The only thing I can think of that’ll ruin a good jumbo dog quicker than pine tar cheese is ketchup…

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I’ll tell you posters one thing. This crap sickens me.

I just finished jogging and turned the Nationals/Reds game on. That Elmer De La Cruz just hit a homerun to left. As he rounded 3rd all those gold chains and necklaces were bouncing around. And then they put that stupid cape and Viking helmet on him in the dugout and he then posed as he got to the end of the dugout.

I guarantee you that if Cardinal players ever start doing stupid sh~t like that I might just quit watching them. That stupid crap sickens me. It makes a mockery of the game.

r/Esteemed Rat

Oliver
    Participant

Free

It is the 21st century and is their game now. Out with the old in with the new.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I don’t give a rats a$$ what century it is. That crap makes a mockery of the game. Where is the youknowwhat Commissioner and why doesn’t he put a stop to this crap???

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Yeah, I’m not crazy about all the pretty sparkly trinkets on the field. I wonder why he thinks he’s a Viking? He doesn’t look at all to resemble anything from the Nordic countries. Maybe he simply wishes his name was Odin or Thor. At any rate, he should probably consult with his business agent in regards to promoting himself in a different sort of persona than a Viking. No one here’s buying it…

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Hey, they’ve got Johnny’s secretary with the pretty hair talking to Jim Hayes! I’ve got the sound muted, but I don’t need any sound to be jealous of this guy’s hairstyle…I wonder which salon he goes to?

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Lets see a clean 1st from Adam. No lolipops, no meatballs.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

So much for the clean 1st. First two reach base.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Adam gets a K with an 87 MPH fast ball.

Oliver
    Participant

Free

3-0 Colorado

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Blake coming out for a chat. 5-0 with two down in the 2nd. First and third. Adam close to 50 pitches.

6-0 now. I guess Blake’s talk didn’t work.

Worst team in the league.

Oliver
    Participant

Free

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Wow, 6-0 in the 2nd. When is anyone (Cards management) going to admit that Waino can’t get anyone out any more? I think the 200 win scenario is a pipe dream at this point. Glad I didn’t buy a ticket for this one.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Maybe he will do better here in the third.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow, a grounder through the second base position goes for a double. I get that Gorman was shifted over behind the bag, but a double? Why is that a double?

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Why is that a double?

was wondering that myself. Either the center fielder was playing on the warning track or Montero is another Usain Bolt.

BrockLou
    Participant

Free

If the rest of the season is about getting Waino to 200 wins, wouldn’t it be better to put him in the pen?
    Then, wait for a situation where the Card’s starter doesn’t go five innings. Then put Waino in there and hope the Cards out score the opposition

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That was three ugly innings by Wainwright. Mercifully, his day is done.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Contreras with a kick save and a beauty.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Good Lord.

I would like to see Wainwright get his two wins but I don’t think he’s got it in him….

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.