2022 St. Louis Schedule/Tickets

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 St. Louis Schedule/Tickets

Viewing 22 posts - 26 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Two Wild Cards may help, as well.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

More splintering of game telecasts…

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

To put the earlier post into context, Bally Sports MW will have 151 games with the rest like this.

From the Cardinals:

“Currently, 11 regular season games will be carried exclusively on either FOX (5), ESPN (3) or Apple TV+ (3) as part of Major League Baseball’s national television packages, with another two games on FS1 co-existing with the local telecast.”

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1982 willie
    Participant

Ownership is really getting greedy. The last game against the pirates, the pirates, has some really jacked up ticket prices. 80 dollars for standing room only, 175 next after that. Just rediculous.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Those are the face values?

Good grief.

I went to the division clinching game in ’85 with SRO tickets for $5 each, lol.

80/5 = 16x

Yikes!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow ZTR! $5 won’t even get you a stadium dog these days. Did anyone hear what they were charging for parking in LA at this year’s Super Bowl? You have to question the validity of this report, but I heard on the national news(ABC I think) that they were charging and getting $4000 per vehicle in some locations……and they still had to walk a mile to reach the turnstiles.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That last game against the Pirates could be the final home game for Albert, Yadi, and Waino so the organization is going to milk that for all they can.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

I’m not buying a single ticket, or make plans to head down to Busch until they trade for a decent pitcher!

Pujols – $2.5M Pujols revenue – $25M+ You can afford Manaea and more Mo and Dewitt!

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

40,000 x 175 = $7,000,000 just for tickets. Seems like Albert might pay for himself in just one game.

Another thought…suppose he’s scuffling mid season. Would they work something out for him to “retire” early to avoid a cut and milk the extra ticket revenue for a July weekend series?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This is Jose Alberto Pujols Alcantara, gang! This isn’t Jose Martinez. Albert is going to hit this year…..oh boy he’s going to hit. There will be calls for him to return in 2023, not to retire early. We have valid concerns(mainly pitching) as the regular season draws near. Albert not pulling his weight while wearing Cardinal red, certainly is not one of them.

1982 willie
    Participant

So true Pugs, so true.

1982 willie
    Participant

Thought I would throw this in since there isn’t a thread. Why do the Cardinals seem like they get the worst caps. I mean some are nice but i notice Baltimore always has better choices. They have their bird, just his head on a hat with white background that comes either fitted or adjustable which I always do adjustable due to fitted not fitting as well. A red hat with white background with a cardinal head and cap would be great excellent but no. I noticed this last year too. Just me ranting.

1982 willie
    Participant

Just like the cap that has the crossed bats. I love it but on the oriole one you have the bird logo on bottom, on Cardinals it’s stl. I mean what the heck.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Yay! Another way where people won’t get to watch their favorite teams unless they have a premium subscription to another streaming service.

Sunday Morning Baseball…? Peacock Announces Slate of 18 MLB Games

1982 willie
    Participant

Yea games on streaming service sucks. Guess I’ll be listening to the radio those days

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

From Sportico:

According to publicly available data delivered by Baseball Reference, 70% of MLB clubs (21 out of 30) have experienced a decline this season and attendance at a league level is down 6% (through Sunday July 17).

“If MLB as a whole is down about 6% in tickets sold, that equates to roughly eight million less people going to games,” Lou DePaoli (managing director executive search and team consulting, General Sports Worldwide) said. “That is concerning.”

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

There are some things that you just don’t toy with. MLB has done far too much toying over that last 15 years or so and now they are paying the price. The solution is a simple one…if they would just open their eyes.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

TV ratings are still doing well, at least locally.

Viewing 22 posts - 26 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.