2022 Cardinals MLB Game 92 thread – Thursday, July 14 vs. Dodgers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 92 thread – Thursday, July 14 vs. Dodgers

Viewing 14 posts - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Wooster
    Participant

Free

Rosen bccran.

J Mack
    Participant

Free

They don’t teach the hook-slide anymore. (Carlson at 2nd)

1982 willie
    Participant

Well verhagen starts right where he left off

1982 willie
    Participant

Well hagen managed to avoid more damage. Maybe we can mount a comeback tonight.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

bicyclemike wrote:

Hey Rat – any particular reason you always call Dakota Hudson “Kenny” Hudson? Is Kenneth his first name and he goes by his middle name? Do you have a childhood friend named Kenny Hudson? Just curious.

As I told Pugs the other day, Kenny Hudson was my high school principal through my sophomore year. We used to call him Quack. I just naturally refer to Hudson as Kenny, or at times Quack. I call him Quack most of the time here in the privacy of mine and Whitey Herdog’s residence.

Speaking of Whitey Herdog, we are looking forward to watching the Brewers and Giants tonight at Candlestick Park.

r/Esteemed Rat

1982 willie
    Participant

These announcers can talk up verhagen all they want, the eyes don’t lie

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Eyes don’t lie willie, but we can all marvel at that spin rate.

Thegreyghost
    Participant

Free

Unless cards comeback they will have played 16 series against teams .500 or better, they have won 2 of those 16 series

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Not good. 5 scattered hits. 2 Carlson, 2 Nado and 1 Goldy. Everybodyelse 0fers
    Pitching ok. Defense good.We have now topped last years ZipWhopper at 11! 3 games to go to Dinger Derby!

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

“The great ghost”, a similar thought came to my mind as I watched tonight’s game wind down. This club is lucky to be in the NL Central. Not sure they would be a contender for a playoff spot if they were in the NL East or West.

Having said this … It is really amazing that this team is where they are given the injuries and roster deficiencies.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

I awake, turn on the computer, and what do I see? Zeros. Everywhere zeros. I’m told it’s extremely difficult to win when you produce only zeros. Seems that has happened fairly frequently lately. Zeros. Equals nothing. Just a few more now and sub-.500 will be a reality. Fortunately we live in the same house as the Pirates, Cubs and Reds.

14NyquisT
    Participant

I agree with the front office on Yepez staying…. more versatility and his bat is adequate. His 11 HRs mean something. I won’t criticize Lars because he has provided some spark… but .198 = ng.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I agree with the front office on Yepez staying

Pez getting along so well with Albert and most likely many others too, would definitely give him the nod over Nooty in a close competition between the two. Not that Nooty isn’t a swell guy too, but something tells me that Pez is one of those individuals that everyone loves……sort of like our very own RatsBuddy.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Oh well. Another year of more of the same….

Viewing 14 posts - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.