2022 Cardinals MLB Game 92 thread – Thursday, July 14 vs. Dodgers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 92 thread – Thursday, July 14 vs. Dodgers

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:15 p.m.
    RHP Dakota Hudson (6-5, 4.00) vs. LHP Tyler Anderson (9-1, 3.15)
    BSM // MLB Network // KMOX // WIJR
    Also BSSO and BSSW+

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Sure would be nice to get a solid seven innings out of Kenny Hudson tonight. Especially after last night’s meltdown. But look on the bright side, we didn’t lose any ground to the Brewers. And now Milwaukee has to go to San Francisco for a four game set with the Giants at Seals Stadium.

I guess there’s a chance we could be in 1st place at the All Star Break despite a handful of brutal late losses.

r/Esteemed Rat

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Yeah Rats disappointing loss last night but it only counts as one game just like any other.Got to field a complete team.
    Din-din will be pre packaged health food meals. Been eating loaded breakfasts so we’re gonna try and lose some weight.
    Don’t think I’ve seen a Goldy homer in awhile but we’re up against a rh tonight.
    Go Cardinals!

14NyquisT
    Participant

Last night’s game was heart-breaking and mind-blowing together. LAD faced Wainwright 2/3 times and then the BP pitchers looked like batting practice pitchers. They all stumbled and the Cards fell. Just a little more offence in the later innings was missing. We’ve seen it before but this one hurt. We had ’em beat with Gonsolin on the mound…. we had ’em beat damn it.

Anyway AW pitched a good game against a good team.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’ve asked the question to Skip and all of the fine folks over at the esteemed Elias Sports Bureau and The Skipster reports that “No Pugs, in the history of this great game, there has never been a 3 game series where all games finished with final scores of 7-6. Hey Pugs, we need your keen insight into th”……oh Nelli, I best stop that quote right there. Anyway, we can do something this evening that has never occurred in MLB. Let tonight’s game finish at 7-6 and please let the Cardinals be on top of that final score. And to the esteemed Wooster…..great to see you going the health route on your din-dins, but as Sharon Stone said to Michael Douglas in the hit movie “Basic Instinct”, concerning his quitting smoking…..”It won’t last”. It’s not because Wooster doesn’t have the willpower to start eating healthy, it’s because Wooster will come to the realization that he’s just perfect the way he is. But if you want to go for it, certainly go for it, Wooster. Bon appetit to all of our din-din game thread participants.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Tommy Edman (S) SS
    2. Dylan Carlson (S) CF
    3. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    5. Albert Pujols (R) DH
    6. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    7. Juan Yepez (R) RF
    8. Brendan Donovan (L) 2B
    9. Andrew Knizner (R) C

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

GameCard
    Participant

Free

I like the line-up tonight.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’ve been taking some time off from tuning in, but I check the PBP now and then. Din din is hamburger stroganoff and Caesar salad. Been out of grape Nehi for a while so I’m out of sorts.

Last time out Hudson did 6 IP with no runs allowed. Don’t want to see any back sliding.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Anyone else worried about Arenado leaving? He’s on pace to put up around 8 WAR…. I know he said he would stay with the Cards, but either “opting out” or basically demanding additional years would seem like a very smart financial move on his end. I could definitely see them having to add several years onto the current contract and just keep it out of the media.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Glad to see you back onboard, Bling. Your Caesar salad sounds absolutely Devine…..have you ever added Bing cherries to it? Wonder what’s with the grape Nehi shortage? I’ll check the grocery store here and if it’s in stock, I’d be glad to send you a case, Bling. I heard a rumor the other day that they are expecting a big peanut butter shortage sometime this Fall. Not to be a hog, but I went out on Monday and picked up 4 big jars of creamy Jiff to squirrel away, just in case. A big spoonful of peanut butter with a nice piece of butter on top is a wonderful little snack that will keep away from indulging in the real bad treats. It’s amazing that I still like it, as back in college when I was enduring Hell Week to become a member of Sigma Phi Epsilon, we’d have to head of to the frat house every night that week for “Exercise Hour”. It was one hour of nonstop exercise where you were not allowed one bit of water….. pushups, running up and down the 3 floors of the frat house for what seemed like forever…then when the hour was a up, they lined all 13 of us up and a brother would put a heaping spoonful of peanut butter in your mouth and you were not allowed to leave until you swallowed it all.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well kind of sucks to have to send nooty down just when he was getting hot. Really it should be yepez but I don’t think he has options left.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

Yepez was just added this year. He’s got 2 option years. I know there’s a limit on times per year now, but he hasn’t been sent out.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Should have been Yepez demoted, and his .435 ops for July (2/13 bb/k). Lets disregard Noots four digit ops in July and 2/4 bb/k. Yeah small sample, that also screams, “who is hot and who is not”. The difference in their D and baserunning surely doesn’t matter.

Maybe the boys can win in spite of our FO. Mo is looking like a bigger idiot with each passing day. Make the bow tie look good Yepez.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I can never keep track of the options thing. Yea definitely should have been yepez. He has done great at times but with some of these guys you have to look whose doing what right now. Nooty was bringing some energy that had been missing with bader out and Donovan whatever he was.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Perfect throw by Knizner guns down run and hit Dodger on a strikeout-double play!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

I agree Jj and Willie- I’d be playing the hot hand whoever that may be.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Pitching wise too- forget the contracts.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

So true Wooster.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Somebody needs to grease Freemans bat.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Hudsons got 2 beaners so far. Better tighten up man!

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Hey Rat – any particular reason you always call Dakota Hudson “Kenny” Hudson? Is Kenneth his first name and he goes by his middle name? Do you have a childhood friend named Kenny Hudson? Just curious.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

I am on board with the “Yepez instead of Nooty” thoughts. Nooty was picking it up, and plays solid defense. Lefty hitter too. Yepez has struggled. Look at trends and go with them Mo.

bccran
    Participant

What’s on Anderson’s hat?

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Albert rips it right to 3 rd base again. May want to try a different direction.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.