2022 Cardinals MLB Game 9 thread – Tuesday, April 19 at Marlins

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 9 thread – Tuesday, April 19 at Marlins

Viewing 22 posts - 26 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Wooster
    Participant

Free

Taco Tuesday for us din din tonight. Got a good game for us going om tonight. 8 hits and just finished the 6th inning. Got some 👦waking up tonight too!

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Wow Helsley has just been nails this year.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Busy day, just arrived home. Wooster and BicycleMike having a little TT(Taco Tuesday) night…..sweet. Bling’s din-din isn’t chopped liver either. Nice to see our boys with the 5-1 8th inning advantage. Boy, sure is a lot of empty seats in Miami. All of those vacant seats right behind home plate…… you’d think with it being this late in the game, some of their younger fans would take advantage of the UI(Usher Indifference) and go grab themselves a primo seat.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice to see no fielding errors for the visiting team tonight. You know, maybe it’s just me, but these past few years I have found myself reading the Runs-Hits-Errors column in reverse first. My eyes automatically take me right to the “Error” ledger first. Is this odd or do I simply value defensive over offense to an unusual degree?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Hammer in the house! Hey Hammer. Helsley yields a one out double to Wendle and that’ll advance DeLaCruz to the dish with the opportunity to tag his second home run in this game and thus slicing the Cardinal lead to a much more manageable 2 run deficit. You know, Helsley looks like a closer. I bet he could shave a half run off his era if he’d only sprout some facial hair….DeLaCruz on 3-2 strikes out on a nasty cutter…..sweet!

Anderson whiffs.

5-1 Good Guys heading to the 9th.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

You don’t see teams have their city name across the home jerseys very often. Usually that is a road look.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I just have gamecast tonight. Looks like Yadi keeps grabbing a nerf noodle out of the rack.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Good observation, BicycleMike! I’ve always thought you would have made a pretty fair detective. The only problem there would be you spending a bit too much time at the baseball sports card store instead of catching the bad guys.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Yep looking good tonight Pugs! We were watching a game in Chicago yesterday and the seats were mostly empty at Wrigley. Nobody behind the plate. Best place to sit! Rays playing Cubs tonight and they have cold weather gear on in the dugout. We’re in Fla though, its been in the 80’s and 70’s lately.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Are we getting close to the time for dropping Carlson about 7 notches in the batting order until he gets into a better hitting groove?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Where are you…..Ft. Meyers, Wooster? Very sweet temps by the way. We could use an extra 30 degrees or so here in Wisconsin.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We’re in Fla though, its been in the 80’s and 70’s lately.

Heck, it’s been in the 80s and 70s here in PA too. And also in the 20s and 30s and 40s and currently covered with a heavy coat of snow. And that’s just in the last week!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow, you guys are all over the meteorology board in PA, stlcard25.

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

Yes, it is time to flip Edman & Carlson in the order.

Dinner tonight was Arroz con Mariscos (Peruvian seafood paella), Choros a la Chalaca (steamed mussels in spicy lime sauce with onions, tomato & cilantro) and beef & chicken empanadas

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yep, it’s currently hovering at the freezing mark and I have my woodstove crackling in the background as I catch the last bit of the Cards game on Gameday. Looks like our guys have been solid today. Good to see it. It would be nice to see some of our cold bats warm up a bit.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Oh my oh my……I think you get Din-din of the Day honors, LACardFan. Gallegos sets the Marlins down in order in the 9th to perfectly preserve the 5-1 Cardinal victory.

An idea……I think for game threads we need to start having (PG) Player of the Game honors, as well as (DDD) Din-Din of the Day.
    For tonight:
    PG- Waino
    DDD- LACardFan

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Both teams got 8 hits. Looks like we bunched ours up early- big innings was the difference and our pitching. May be good to flip Edman and Carlson. Strange how he finished strong last year but still dormant at lead off? That LA Cards fan dinner sounds right up there with CIF’s cooking! Love a good don-din Go Cardinals!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

“Don-din” Wooster?? Something new? I bet you’re on to something.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Wow Helsley has just been nails this year.

Great to read this. I’ve thought for a couple years he might break out. Nasty stuff. Maybe this is the year he leaves the injuries behind and whatever else has derailed his consistency.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Adam with a GmSc of 59, bringing his season average to 54.3

Hat_tip to AP and his baserunning!

14NyquisT
    Participant

Miko’s GS avg. now at 59.0. IMO he’s been better than expected a could be a solid #2 if he continues on…. even when Jack gets back.

14NyquisT
    Participant

This season for the affiliate starters I have added a higher reward for complete innings over 4.0. It shows higher efficiency. I’m still using the official GS for the Card starters.

Viewing 22 posts - 26 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years