2022 Cardinals MLB Game 83 thread – Tuesday, July 5 at Braves

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 83 thread – Tuesday, July 5 at Braves

Viewing 22 posts - 26 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    1982 willie
    Participant

Got way too much drama going on tonight so haven’t been watching. Just as well, looks like a huge trainwreck. Our pitching is faltering fast.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Looking at our BA team wise it doesn’t look that bad. Giving up 5 to 6 runs by the 3rd or 4th innings starting to look like how we roll. Tonight has been another hard one to watch. Like Herrera I’m starting to wonder if Romine can throw out anybody stealing too. Hope we can turn things around. At least we’re not shut out tonight. Go Cardinals!

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Why is this team so bad???

Poor starting pitching? Probably part of it.

Poor clutch hitting? I’d say a big part of it.

Poor managing? Probably part of it.

Players not getting the job done? Probably part of it.

r/Esteemed Rat

Oliver
    Participant

Free

J Mack be nice if you keep ethnicity out the comments.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Team is bad to watch for sure.

They need some healthy players to return for sure. Would help if Edman would hot like he did into the 1st week of May but I have a feeling he’s regressing to his normal average offensive production.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I feel like I just watched this game last night.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

July has seen the rotation once thru.

SP’r game scores:
    Mikolas 43
    Liberatore 26
    Wainwright 41
    Hudson 19
    Pallante 16

That’s an average game score of 29 and each starter starts the game at 50.
    Very bad.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

This team is mediocre.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

McHugh looked like a pitcher a team looking for relief help this past off season should have targeted….

And Edman can’t catch a break tonight. Wasn’t it Matzek that made a play like that last year and turned a double play?

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Junior Fernandez just looked good. Strange thing is we have 8 hits in this game and 1 run. Carlson dropped the ball on bases loaded but he did hit it though. Right to first base. We need a new stat BLD- bases loaded dud. One point assigned for each unsuccessful ab with bases loaded regardless of outs. Highest BLD loses.

J Mack
    Participant

Free

Well at least the Cubs have taken an 8-2 lead against the Brewskys so maybe no ground lost..

bccran
    Participant

Tough to watch. Drives one to take some of that Puerto Rican rum out of the cupboard and mix a drink.

J Mack
    Participant

Free

Did you notice that the lowly Cubs took 2/3 from the mighty Bosox? I loved that! I hate those E. Coast teams..

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Other than the part where Pallante threw 96 pitches, the Cards played a better game than the Braves tonight.

We’ve got to figure out what’s up with Wooster’s new BLD stat. Need to deal for a couple of the league’s top modeling/simulation & data analysts by the trade deadline to get to the bottom of that.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well, that stunk. I want my money back.

Very fitting that the final strike was a lunging swing and miss at a pitch at least a foot off the plate.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

You may be on to something EuroDandy. But first, Mo needs some analysts to figure out what analysts to hire for the analytics department.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Good thought bling, maybe they’ll work a deal for a couple of super meta-analysts first. Need top tier ones though, and they’ll cost you — absolutely no slug analyst reclamation projects on the cheap from the dumpster.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

LOL Euro-I fear the dumpsters on fire! Must be a fire sale on analysts!

woods.ed49@gmail.com
    Participant

Free

Who is managing cards Mo or Ollie. Wonder how long people will keep up with watching loosing doesn’t make much since to me to have all this great defense but not to have one pitcher who can pitch a winning game.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Mark this up as one of those games I’m glad I was unable to watch (seems there are a lot of those lately).

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Brutal stretch Cards are in for sure. 1/2 the season gone already, hard to believe.

Cards haven’t been really good since the first half of 2015.

Maybe they will run off 17 in a row again like last year….

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Have been busy with life stuff and unable to watch these two games versus Atlanta. From the scores it looks like I have preserved some emotional angst by staying away. It sounds like we see not in the defending champs stratosphere.

But things can turn around fast. Our club was 10 games over not too long ago and now are down to five.

Need some starting pitchers to give us a chance, and some offense to complete the task. Weird how we have a decent offense but seem to often get shut down.

I think a lot of that depends on the outfielders. When they all came together and played well the second half of last year, we rolled. This year two of them have been on the IL quite a lot, and Carlson has not been the hitter most of us hoped for. He is still young and may yet be real good, but has not achieved that yet.

Yepez has promise, but is brutal on defense. A classic DH.

Viewing 22 posts - 26 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.