2022 Cardinals MLB Game 7 thread – Saturday, April 16 at Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 7 thread – Saturday, April 16 at Brewers

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

8:10 p.m.
    RHP Jordan Hicks (0-0, 0.00) vs. RHP Adrian Houser (0-1, 4.91)
    BSM // KMOX
    Also BSSE and BSSW+

Update: Based on Wednesday’s rainout, Steven Matz will start this game.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

The Brewers have started five lefty bats in both of the first two games this series. I’m anxious to see the results of our lefty offseason addition of Matz.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Career in Milwaukee, Matz is 1-2, 3.57.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m anxious to see the results of our lefty offseason addition of Matz

Given his last start, there is nowhere to go but up. Let’s hope it was jitters. The pen is rested at least.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If Matz is going to be a quality starter for us this year, then he’ll toss a nice ballgame tonight. It’s that simple. Nice hurlers who throw a clunker and then come right back with another poor outing are rarities. This is especially true for your elite pitchers, but even holds water to some degree for your above average starters such as Matz. I pay little attention to his blister issue that he had going on in his last game. Gamers don’t use that as excuses for poor performances. I’ll be on hand to watch him later today. No Simon today, as the wifey, who thinks he’s a bad influence on me, will be going with me in his place. I’ll be keeping the soft drink vendors hopping.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Pugs? Where will you be seated? Maybe the rest of us can catch a glimpse of the great man!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

11 rows up from the Cardinal dugout, Rat. I’ll be the one with the pretty little blonde who looks old enough to be my daughter…..and unfortunately, holding a root beer mug instead of a beer mug.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Pugs: Have a perogi for me.

Saturday night chez les CiFs is usually steak, fries and salad.

These night games with the seven-hour time lag are too much for me. I’ll have to catch up tomorrow. I had to wait until this morning to watch yesterday’s 10-1 bash-fest. Depending on you tonight. Rah Cardinals!

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Din-din today is going to be a Ribeye steak in the air fryer along with some jumbo crinkle cut french fries and a piece of Cherry Pie that I brought home from the Amish restaurant yesterday. Then later tonight my late night snack will be some Pork n’ Beans with hot dogs cut up in them and a couple of Hershey chocolate bars with almonds dipped in peanut butter. And then late tonight an episode of Mannix.

EDIT: I wasn’t able to post my whole response here. Kept getting those error messages again.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

What a day for baseball!! Keep those bats hot now boys. Energy now boys.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Man Amish cherry pie sounds exquisite. I’d skip all the other stuff and do the entire pie.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Dylan Carlson (S) RF
    2. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    3. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    5. Corey Dickerson (L) DH
    6. Paul DeJong (R) SS
    7. Harrison Bader (R) CF
    8. Andrew Knizner (R) C
    9. Tommy Edman (S) 2B

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Done right, perogies can be quite tasty, but when I’m having din-din at the ole’ ballpark such as tonight, it’s always 2 dogs with kraut, mustard & onions, large salty pretzel and waffle fries. I love Rat’s and Cardinal In France’s steak din-dins on this fine Saturday evening. Even The Hammer’s entire cherry pie selection as his main entree sounds pretty fair. Bling must be having catfish fiddler nuggets again like he had last Saturday night. And where’s Wooster’s selection? Anyway, leaving here soon for the game and looking forward to Matz sending Brewer hitters to the mats in this one. Let’s call her 5-4 Good Guys with Carlson going yard.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

PDJ is back, eh?

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Have an awesome time Pugs! I’m jealous.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thanks Hammer. If any of you guys should ever get up this way, give me a holler and we’ll take in either a Cards or Bucks game. Oh, and at the top of this thread, the start time for tonight’s game is incorrect. If you tune in at 8:10pm, you’ll probably be just in time for the 7th inning stretch instead of the first pitch.

6:10P(cst).

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Here’s to hoping Front Row Amy will finally be in attendance tonight.

Hey? Pugs? Why not sashay down near the front row where Amy usually sits and find out where she is? Or if she is there, even better!

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

There is a tasty looking ham and fresh asparagus in the fridge, but it is in the back, likely for tomorrow. Up front is a motley collection of leftovers. So the pipeline is of no immediate help, but looks promising further down.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carlson leads off the 1st with a base hit. So far, so good.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well, that inning fizzled.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I am watching the game on Bally Sports. Is it me or is the background noise kinda drowning out the announcers?

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Well I just finished our din din of spaghetti and italian sausage with grilled onions meat sauce.Yum yum with some buttered corn on the cob. Gotta say you guys have some nice meals . I love ribeye and home fries too. Add some cooked buttered brussel sprouts too! Get to see the game tonight on MLB Channel. Missed the game last night darn it. Love to see those bats workin! Will be looking for Pugs also. We’re lookin’ very competitive and young tonight. Go Cardonals!

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I agree the crowd noise is too loud on BSM

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thanks blingboy! Thought I was losing it!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Nice double by Knizner!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years