2022 Cardinals MLB Game 79 thread – Friday, July 1 at Phillies

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 79 thread – Friday, July 1 at Phillies

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

5:05 p.m
    RHP Miles Mikolas (5-5, 2.57) vs. LHP Bailey Falter (0-2, 4.50)
    BSM // MLBN // KMOX
    Also BSSO and BSSW+

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I don’t wish to keep talking about the Wednesday night game but did anyone notice the umpire completely blew the 3-2 pitch to Cooper in the top of the 9th? It was clearly strike three. It was close, but clearly a strike that Chad Fairchild missed.

If he gets that call right we win the game. But, of course, over a long marathon of a season things like this are going to happen. Sometimes they help you, sometimes they hurt you. This missed 3rd strike call hurt us.

r/Esteemed Rat

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

In THURSDAY night action the Pirates lead the Brewers 5-3 in the 5th at Forbes Field. A Pirates win could cut the deficit to just one game. Cubs with the early 1-0 lead on the Reds at Wrigley Field.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

More THURSDAY night action. The Pirates hang on to down the Brewers 8-7 at Forbes Field. It was 8-4 heading to the 9th and the Brewers rallied but ultimately fell short. And Manny Machado is back in action tonight as the Padres play the Dodgers at Dodger Stadium.

The Phillies down the Braves 14-4 tonight at Connie Mack Stadium. That probably bodes well for the Redbirds as they prepare to face both Philadelphia and then Atlanta.

r/Esteemed Rat

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Yeah Rats I watched the Miami Broadcast of the wed night game. Even the miami broadcasters noted that missed strike call. Problem was that first strike pitch to Garcia was right downtown Fastball just inside of center-center. Helsley trying to get ahead in the count. We had our chance to score runs in the bottom and didn’t. So it goes. Less distractions tonight.On the road again. Pitching martch up says we should win.Our big boppers were 0-fer last game. Will they be heard from tonight?
    Din-din will be chicken fried cube steak w baked po and mixed veggies!
    Go Cardinals!

14NyquisT
    Participant

This is what the IL looks like today.

PITCHERS
    Cabrera ? little to read about
    Flaherty TBD
    Hicks early July
    Matz July
    McFarland ?
    VerHagen TBD
    Reyes 6o day… maybe’23
    PLAYERS
    Molina happy in PR
    Bader TBD… could be a long time…. bum wheel
    Dickerson late July
    O’Neill Rehab next week

Not all these guys will be back at once… but will dibble back. That’s a lot of roster moves to make. Any ideas how this all plays out? The who-s the when-s and the why-s.

Milb-ers on the 40 man roster
    Liberatore next rotation spot?
    Pacheco
    Rondon
    Walsh
    Whitley first to go… lousy thus far.
    DeJong

Cards667
    Participant

Free

Walsh will go to 60 day first. Read he’s out awhile. He’s on Memphis IL.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Tommy Edman (S) 2B
    2. Dylan Carlson (S) CF
    3. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    5. Juan Yepez (R) LF
    6. Albert Pujols (R) DH
    7. Brendan Donovan (L) RF
    8. Edmundo Sosa (R) SS
    9. Andrew Knizner (R) C

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

And the big boys have it going on.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

I have commented on this before, but I don’t see how guys can play with jewelry on. That big ole gold chain Mikolas wears would drive me nuts trying to play an athletic event. Just seems weird.

On the other hand, I dig how the club still brings the navy blue hats out now and then. Really like those as an alternative look, and a tip ‘o the cap so to speak, to their history and tradition.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

I’m that way over hitting with shades on. I would want to see better if some one is bringing heat at me.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

BTW, who is this “Goose” Gonsolin guy with the Dodgers? 9-0 and a sub-2.00 ERA. Man, he must be something else!

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Throws a good splitter. Maybe Mark Prior is the key.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Mikolas gave up the 3 run lead and, if memory serves, he gave up an even bigger lead his last start.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Need some not named Goldy or Arenado to get some hits.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Single away for Arenado.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Having trouble posting, getting error messages

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Would have been nice to get Arenado moved over.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Of course it lets that go through. Arenado having good offensive day but made a routine error that led indirectly to them tying game up. The routine ball is the reason I feel rolen was a better third baseman than arenado but just my opinion.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Would be nice if Albert would walk away at the Allstar break. If he stays for the duration I would give him an appearance each home series. That would be it. Only blowout Pitching on the road. Same for Yadi if he comes back.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Albert would have done better bunting and Sosa swings 3 times at a ball 6 inches above the ground. Boy we’re a real juggernaut tonight!

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Gonna need Thompson to shine here. The bats are scuffling.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Yeah, not good ABs by Albert and especially Sosa. He swung at three balls nowhere near the strike zone. Alvaro just had to throw it down and in and Sosa was easy money.

Mikolas lost it in a hurry in this one.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Could be that maybe 80 pitches or so is the top amount before mikolas starts to lose location. I know he has went past that at times but even in those games he lost location a little.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nakad eye I thought edman was out but it’s close

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years