2022 Cardinals MLB Game 77 thread – Tuesday, June 28 vs. Marlins

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 77 thread – Tuesday, June 28 vs. Marlins

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:45 p.m.
    RHP Dakota Hudson (5-4, 3.72) vs. LHP Braxton Garrett (1-2, 4.08)
    BSM // KMOX // WIJR
    Also BSSE and BSSW+

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

LHP? Assume we will see Pujols in the lineup? What about Yepez, he seems to be swinging a hot bat. I’d say it’s time for Pujols to simply call it a career and go home.

14NyquisT
    Participant

The June 30th off day gets us through to July with the 4 starters we’re left with. After that its 17 straight days with no open dates. Either Liberatore or Woodford needs to step on it…. this is a great opportunity dropped in one/both their laps. Oviedo needs to get down to Memphis to be stretched out. The IL has the pitching depth drying up.

Those waiting for Matz to come back, good luck. He’ll be out for a while yet….. rehab.

I guess the FO will force him in the rotation when he is healthy. You know the FO $$$ thing.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Matzo doesn’t get to decide how much rehab he needs, unlike The Jack.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Dallas Keuchel anyone?

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Why not?

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

The right thing for Pujols to do would be to tell marmol to play Yepez against all. Mavbe ask for an occcasional start vs Lefties. And a pinch hitting role. Pretty much the same for Yadi when he comes back.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

Dallas Keuchel anyone?

He’s a Diamondback

Cards667
    Participant

Free

1. Tommy Edman (S) 2B

2. Dylan Carlson (S) CF

3. P. Goldschmidt (R) 1B

4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B

5. Juan Yepez (R) RF

6. Albert Pujols (R) DH

7. Brendan Donovan (L) LF

8. Edmundo Sosa (R) SS

9. Ivan Herrera (R) C

Cards667
    Participant

Free

Carlson hits RH (vs LHP) this season much better, so I don’t mind him moved up vs LHP. I wish Edman would just stay at SS. I also have a preference of hitting the “worst hitter” 8th, with the DH and using the 9 spot as another leadoff spot. Like Bader vs RHP. A guy who’s OBP probably isn’t high enough to warrant hitting 1 or 2, but is a good baserunning and a threat on the bases to create pressure with the top of the order. If Bader was healthy I like him 2 vs LHP, and use Sosa 9th or even Donovan depending how the rest of the order is set up.
    Speaking of Bader though, his injury has me concerned. Planter fasciitis takes awhile to subside and if not properly healed, which can take 8-12 months, it’s likely to flare back up. I don’t know the extent of how bad his was, but it’s not pleasant or something that goes away quickly. Which is a problem for a CF and someone who is very reliant on his speed and legs.

PadsFS
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pujols has a .317/.340/.537/.877 batting line against LH pitchers. He just needs to come out against RH pitchers, who Marmol has given him almost twice as many PAs.

In limited PT, Yepez has a much better line against RH pitching thus far so I don’t see the issue with him resting (or Gorman) against LHers.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Yepez in RF????? Uh oh……..

And about Goldschmidt winning the triple crown. You guys realize that batting average, homeruns, and rbi’s don’t mean much anymore, right? What really counts is his BAKIR, his OPT and his OPT+, his fWOP, and his GBIP. I dont even know why they have a triple crown anymore since those are three meaningless stats nowadays.

r/Esteemed Rat

bccran
    Participant

Rats – I’m especially fond of BAKIR and fWOP. They give you the total picture on the player. lol.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

We have a lefty bench tonight (Gorman, Noot and Capel) and knizner, so I agree with Marmols starting lineup.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

What’s the over/under on Kenny Hudson (aka Quack) and his walks tonight? Let’s say four (4). You got the over or under? I’ll take the under in this one tonight.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Lol. I’m taking over. But he gets a win tonight

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I just hope he goes more than 5 innings. I’m predicting Albert has a good game.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If we get more fWOPs than them, do we win?

Bob Reed
    Participant

Free

If you were ever going to start such a terrible defensive outfield, this would be the time. Hudson on the bump, and multiple injuries to the outfield starters. Just hope the Birds can garrote Garrett and the defense behind Dakota won’t matter too much.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

The walks are keeping Dak from taking the step from being a good middle rotation hurler to top notch.

Good to see Sosa in there. Love watching that guy play. He just has the style – great instincts and solid skill set.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

blingboy wrote:

If we get more fWOPs than them, do we win?

Yes. Unless they get more fPUGS than us.

r/Esteemed Rat

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I dont care about none of those fancy stats. Mean nothing to me. I’ll take a high average guy any day of the week over somebody with a much lower average especially if that player has hit that way their whole baseball life. Those stats are for people who don’t watch everybody but want to compare them. I don’t care about other players around the league anymore, just the players I’m watching on the Cardinals so those old stats plus my own baseball knowledge and sight tell me all I need to know. I’d love to be see goldy win the triple crown.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well, they are fWopping our butt so far.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Cards come back to take the lead. Man, watching Edman hit that single to drive in Sosa gave me flashbacks to being a little kid and watching Dick Groat hit. That ball was hit exactly the way Groat hit – taking the pitch the other way on a line.

Good to see the bats come to life. I think we moved our team fWOP over .450 now, which is impressive.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Laying some small ball on them.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years